About This Chapter
Impact of Globalization on Organizations - Chapter Summary
Learn how globalization has impacted organizations with this short collection of international business lessons. As you move through the chapter, you'll study how organizational culture, structure and behavior are affected by globalization. These lessons come with short quizzes to help you retain the information you learn. You can study these lessons whenever it's convenient and access them using any computer or mobile device. After you finish this chapter, you should be able to:
- Define the global environment and understand its importance
- Assess the ways in which globalization relates to organizational culture, structure and behavior
- Explain the role of small business in global markets
1. The Global Environment: Definition & Importance
The global environment can have a major impact on how a company operates. This lesson defines the global business environment and describes the risks and benefits of operating within the global environment.
2. Globalization and Organizational Culture
Culture influences almost every aspect of an organization. Globalization is one of the forces that influences organizational culture, and in this lesson we will talk about just how globalization impacts organizational culture.
3. Globalization and Organizational Structure
Organizational structure can be influenced by many different aspects of globalization. In this lesson, we will explore organizational structure and the impact globalization can have on it.
4. Globalization and Organizational Behavior
As the world around us gets smaller, globalization will be in more areas and impact organizations. Organizational behavior is impacted by globalization and in this lesson we will discuss that aspect.
5. Small Business in a Global Market
As the world moves closer to a global economy, more small businesses will look to expand into international markets. In this lesson, you'll learn about some of the advantages and disadvantages that small businesses face in a global market.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Business 120: International Business course
- Introduction to International Business
- How Culture Affects International Business
- Global Economic Development
- Key Factors in International Trade
- International Trade Management & Regulation
- Exchange Rates & Currency Changes
- International Market Entry Strategies
- Management & Human Resources in International Business
- International Operations Management
- Global Marketing and R&D Strategies
- Communication & Decision-Making in Global Business
- Impact of Globalization on Countries
- Global Business Ethics
- Future of Globalization
- Studying for Business 120