About This Chapter
Impact of Social Media Activity - Chapter Summary
In this chapter, you'll find lessons on the impact of social media activity for executives. The lessons will discuss the affects of social media activity by executives on the company and include some case studies on executives who are active on social media. These corporate resources can be used for an executive team meeting or completed individually from home or work.
How It Helps
- Designed for executives: Rather than trying to modify a social media course for your executive team, this chapter is written with the role of the executive specifically in mind.
- Provides examples: Your executives will review examples and case studies highlighting the impacts and successes of real-life executives who are active on social media.
- Outlines consequences: Additionally, inappropriate social media usage by executives is also discussed, showing examples of these actions and their consequences.
Once your executive teams have completed this chapter, they should be able to:
- Explain how executives can benefit from utilizing social media to engage
- Outline how an executive's social media activity can impact the company
- Discuss the consequences for inappropriate social media use for professionals
- Give examples of executives who are active on social media
1. How Executives Can Benefit From Engaging on Social Media
This lesson goes over the many ways in which executives can benefit from engaging in social media. We'll go over examples from Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, and Facebook.
2. Impact of Executive Social Media Activity on the Company
In this lesson, we'll first go over the many positive impacts an executive's use of social media can bring about. Then, we'll cover three important negative impacts that could arise instead.
3. Inappropriate Social Media Use for Professionals: Examples & Consequences
Social media can be a fun personal platform, but it can create problems professionally. In this lesson, you'll learn about some consequences and examples of inappropriate social media use for professionals.
4. Active on Social Media Executives Case Studies
Engaged digital leaders harness the power of enterprise social networking to lead and transform their organizations. In this lesson, you'll learn more about two of those leaders at Telstra and IBM.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 220 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Social Media for Executives course