About This Chapter
Imperial China Lesson Plans - Chapter Summary
If you need to plan lessons about imperial China, this teacher resource chapter can help. Inside, you'll find a handful of lesson plan outlines that cover important concepts from imperial Chinese history. Use the outlines to design lessons about:
- Ancient Chinese inventions
- Reunification of China
- Scholar-officials of imperial China
- The Golden Age of Chinese art
- Ancient Chinese dynasties
- The Song and Qing dynasties
- Kublai Khan
- Zheng He
In addition to the outlines, the chapter includes short and engaging supplemental lessons that you can integrate into your class instruction. These lessons discuss topics like the fall of the Qing dynasty, Zheng He's voyages and art from the Song dynasty.
How It Helps
- Lesson planning : Helps you plan comprehensive lessons about imperial China any time that fits your schedule.
- Additional resources: Provides topical lessons that you can use to strengthen your students' comprehension of the history concepts you cover in class.
- Student assessment: The lessons come with assignable quizzes that you can use to evaluate your students' understanding of imperial Chinese history.
How It Works
This helpful resource offers teachers lesson plan resources with relevant tools to make planning imperial Chinese history lessons easy.
- Use lesson plan outlines for specific imperial China topics you want to cover in class.
- Formulate your history class outline using the suggested classroom tools offered in the lesson plans.
- Share the related imperial Chinese history lessons with students in class to make learning fun and engaging.
- Use related lesson quizzes to ensure your students understand the most important imperial China concepts from the lessons.
- Engage your students with relevant imperial China activities, discussion questions or other materials found in the lesson plan outline.
1. Ancient Chinese Inventions Lesson Plan for Elementary School
Explore ancient Chinese inventions with your students and this lesson plan. Students will read a text lesson, get busy with active application, then do a project that applies learning. Test student understanding with a follow-up quiz.
2. Reunification of China Lesson Plan
Teach your students how the Tang Dynasty reunified China with this lesson plan. Students will watch a video lesson on the topic, participate in critical-thinking activities, and take a quiz.
3. Scholar-Officials of Imperial China Lesson Plan
Teach students about the Scholar-Official class in China with this lesson plan. Students will watch a video lesson to gain a better understanding of the topic, explore its influence and impact through an activity, and take a quiz.
4. Golden Age of China Arts Lesson Plan
Teach students about art and literature during China's golden age with this lesson plan. Students will watch a video lesson, discuss key ideas and show understanding in an activity, then take a quiz.
5. Ancient Chinese Dynasties Lesson Plan
With this lesson plan, your students are going to learn about China's Sui, Tang, and Song dynasties. They will then work to create a cultural expo presentation featuring one of these dynasties.
6. Farming & Trade in Tang & Sung China
Teach your students about farming and trade in the Tang and Sung dynasties with this lesson plan. Students will watch an educational video, complete hands-on experiences to gain understanding, and take a quiz.
7. Song Dynasty Lesson Plan
The Song Dynasty represents a significant portion of China's fabled history. This lesson plan uses two informative text lessons to teach students about the Song Dynasty. An activity highlights the unique art that symbolized this time period.
8. Song Dynasty: Definition, Achievements & Facts
China has a long history, but a few eras stand out for their dramatic role in Chinese history. In this lesson, we'll explore the Song Dynasty and see how it changed China.
9. Song Dynasty: Art & Religion
The Song dynasty was a major era in Chinese history. In this lesson, we are going to examine some artistic and religious changes that occurred and see what impact they had on Chinese society.
10. Confucianism in the Song & Mongol Periods Lesson Plan
Use this lesson plan to teach students about Confucianism in the Sung and Mongol periods. A video lesson outlines key ideas, which students discuss and analyze through a critical thinking activity. Finish with a quiz.
11. Kublai Khan Lesson Plan
This lesson plan includes various quizzes, activities, and an extension that will help your students learn a lot more about Kublai Khan and his importance to the Mongol Empire.
12. Kublai Khan: Biography, Facts & Empire
Great rulers do not have to govern with an iron fist. In this lesson we will learn about Kublai Khan, a powerful emperor whose civility was matched only by his wisdom.
13. Kublai Khan & Marco Polo
Marco Polo is a name that many people recognize, but not everyone knows his story. In this lesson, we'll look at the story of Marco Polo and see how it's related to that of another major figure in history: the Mongolian emperor Kublai Khan.
14. Zheng He Lesson Plan
Use this lesson plan to help you introduce students to Zheng He and his journeys. Students will read a text lesson, discuss Zheng He, and compare his most famous journey with an example from recent history.
15. Zheng He: Ship, Facts & Voyages
Admiral Zheng He was most famous for a series of voyages he took between 1405 and 1433 with an enormous fleet of nearly 300 ships. The voyages served a dual purpose of being both a trade mission and showcasing the power of the Ming Dynasty of China.
16. Qing Dynasty Lesson Plan
What is significant about the reign of the Qing Dynasty? This lesson plan uses two fact-filled video lessons to explain this and an activity to drive home key points.
17. China During the Ming & Qing Dynasties (1368-1911)
The last two dynasties in Chinese history were the Ming and the Qing. Although quite different, they faced many of the same issues, and often the Qing copied the Ming, even in their mistakes.
18. The Fall of China's Qing Dynasty
In this lesson, we will learn about the fall of the Qing dynasty. We will explore the factors that led to its collapse, and highlight key events and developments.
19. Tao-Te Ching Discussion Questions
The 'Tao-Te Ching' is fundamental to understanding both Ancient Chinese history and the Taoist faith. Use these questions to help fully understand the text and its implications.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the World History 500-1650: Lesson Plans & Activities course
- Empires After the Fall of Rome Lesson Plans
- Early African History Lesson Plans
- Medieval Europe Lesson Plans
- Knights, Chivalry & Feudalism Lesson Plans
- Slave Trade & Colonization of Africa Lesson Plans
- European Exploration & Colonization Lesson Plans
- English Explorers Lesson Plans
- Renaissance History Lesson Plans
- Reformation Lesson Plans & Resources