About This Chapter
Implementing Innovation & Improvement Plans - Chapter Summary
This corporate training chapter helps your company's managers learn how to properly implement innovation and continuous process improvement plans. Have your managers work through these lessons at any time to review a variety of innovation/improvement concepts related to:
- Setting goals
- Deliberate and experimental approaches
- Trial/error methods
- Pilot testing
You can use these resources during managerial training sessions, or you can assign the lessons to managers individually. The chapter can be accessed on any computer or mobile device, and it comes with self-assessment quizzes to help managers reinforce their understanding of innovation and improvement implementation.
How It Helps
- Builds awareness: Lessons help managers become more aware of the process of innovation and improvement implementation.
- Outlines effective strategies: Managers will learn planning, goal-setting, organization and other approaches that help with innovation and continuous process improvement.
- Improves innovation and process improvements: Managers who apply the chapter's concepts will be able to more effectively implement innovations and continuous process improvements in the workplace.
By the end of the chapter, your company's supervisors should be able to:
- Discuss the benefits of planning in continuous improvement and innovation
- Set innovation and continuous process improvement goals
- Organize innovation and implementation
- Compare the deliberate and experimental approaches for continuous process improvement and innovation
- Use trial/error methods and pilot testing in innovation and continuous process improvement
1. Continuous Improvement & Planning in Innovation
How can companies implement incremental change in order to improve? In this lesson, we'll take a look at continuous improvement, including an in-depth exploration of the planning stage of continuous improvement for innovation.
2. Setting Goals for Innovation & Continuous Process Improvement
This lesson will go over how managers can set goals for innovation and continuous process improvement in organizations. We'll cover SMART goals and prioritization.
3. Organizing for Innovation & Implementation
This lesson will discuss management's role in the process of organizing for innovation and continuous process improvement. It will also explain the steps a manager can take to ensure a smoother transition in innovation and implementation.
4. Deliberate & Experimental Approaches in Innovation & Continuous Process Improvement
Most companies want to be continually improving and innovating. But, how can they do that? In this lesson, we'll look at the two main approaches to innovation and improvement and the benefits of each.
5. Trial & Error Methods in Innovation & Continuous Process Improvement
Innovation helps drive continuous improvement in business, and one way to promote innovation is through trial and error. In this lesson, we'll examine the trial and error method for innovation and continuous process improvement.
6. Pilot Testing in Innovation & Continuous Process Improvement
This lesson defines pilot testing and explains why and how it is used. It also discusses what it can show about developing and implementing innovation and continuous process improvement.
7. Practical Application: Pilot Testing Plan
This template will help you when carrying out a pilot testing plan. The template can be used to make sure you cover all of the steps needed for a successful pilot.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Innovation & Continuous Process Improvement for Supervisors course