About This Chapter
Implementing Secure Zone and Conduits in Industrial Networks - Chapter Summary
Those in the field of network security must have a clear understanding of how to identify and establish a security zone. In this chapter, IT professionals, students, and those seeking advanced knowledge of this topic will be able to develop a solid understanding of steps, processes, and best practices related to security zones and conduits. Quizzes after each lesson can ensure mastery. Be sure to take the final chapter exam to ensure your overall understanding and readiness to move on. After you have studied these materials, you should be able to:
- Discuss why security zones are important and the goals in their establishment
- Describe security zones and conduits that are specific to industrial networks
- Utilize a process for the classification and identification of security zones
- Understand segmented zones and conduits and talk about the steps to establish them
1. Security Zones: Definition & Purpose
In this lesson, we will define a security zone and discuss the importance of these zones. We will also discuss the goals of a security zone and how they are established.
2. Security Zones & Conduits in Industrial Networks: Definition, Importance & Examples
How would you describe security zones and conduits within the framework of industrial systems and networks? What is the original aim of their creation? We will be discussing all that in this lesson and providing some examples.
3. Identifying & Classifying Security Zones in Critical Infrastructure: Process & Examples
Security zones are very important in industrial networks. In this lesson, you'll learn about the process of classifying and identifying security zones and conduits within a critical infrastructure system.
4. Segmenting Security Zones & Conduits in Critical Infrastructure: Best Practices & Methods
How does one carry out an industrial network's segmentation with regard to its critical infrastructure? In this lesson we will be delving into the proxy, DMZ and other appropriate methods, such as granular zoning.
5. Establishing Security Zones & Conduits in Industrial Networks: Steps, Controls & Examples
In this lesson, we will look into the world of security zones and conduits within an industrial network. We will learn the steps to classify assets into specific zones and look at some examples of conduit control assets.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Computer Science 330: Critical Infrastructure Security course
- Introduction to Industrial Networks & Control Systems
- Industrial Network Security & Threats
- Industrial Network Design & Architecture
- Network Protocols in Industrial Networks
- Risk Assessment & Vulnerability in Industrial Networks
- Protecting Industrial Networks Using Security & Access Controls
- Detecting Threats, Exceptions & Anomalies in Critical Infrastructure
- Monitoring the Security of Industrial Networks
- Policies, Procedures & Standards for ICS & SCADA Systems
- Required Assignments for Computer Science 330