About This Chapter
Implementing Technology in School Counseling - Chapter Summary
In this chapter, our instructors discuss the various ways the technology can be used to optimize school counseling programs as well as the pros and cons of technology in counseling. After completing this chapter, you should be able to:
- Share how to maintain accurate and systematic student records
- Use technology to organize and report student information
- Discuss technology use for comprehensive school counseling programs
Our lessons are created by expert instructors to be engaging and short so you can review when it's convenient. Use the lesson quizzes to make sure you are understanding the material, and you can even ask questions of the instructors. Utilize the printable transcripts and worksheets for more ways to review.
1. Maintaining Accurate & Systematic Student Records
In this lesson, teachers will learn about the importance of maintaining accurate and systematic student records. Strategies for keeping records about students' academic performance, attendance, and behavior will be included.
2. Using Technology to Organize & Report Student Information
In this lesson, you will learn about how schools use student information systems to store various types of student data. The way that districts use this data to inform their decisions will also be discussed.
3. Technology for Comprehensive School Counseling Programs
In this lesson, we'll explore how blogs, websites, social media and mobile technology help counselors automate their processes and disseminate information.
4. Benefits & Limitations of Technology in School Counseling
This lesson would prove useful to anyone seeking information on the benefits and limitations of various technological applications in school counseling.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the FTCE Guidance & Counseling PK-12 (018): Test Practice & Study Guide course
- Counseling Theories & Techniques
- Human Development in Counseling Theories
- Culture, Identity & Personality in Counseling Theories
- Social and Cultural Diversity Issues for School Counselors
- Communication & Leadership in Counseling
- School Counseling Activities & Programs
- High-Risk Behaviors in Adolescence & Counseling Interventions
- Student Assessments in School Counseling
- Counseling Students on Career Development
- Consultation, Collaboration and Coordination in School Counseling
- Professional, Ethical & Legal Issues in School Counseling
- Academic Advising in School Counseling
- Evaluating School Counseling Programs
- FTCE Guidance & Counseling PK-12 Flashcards