About This Chapter
Implications of Delivering Audit Services to Citizens - Chapter Summary
You'll learn about different implications of delivering audit services as you work your way through the lessons in this chapter. Topics such as public assistance programs and information privacy will be explored here. These lessons include the following topics:
- Influence of the 5th and 14th Amendments
- How society views the right of privacy
- Information privacy and laws
- Taxation system that charges taxpayers for services
- Social insurance programs
- Types of public assistance programs
- How different branches of government work with regional governments
- Conflicting missions impact on auditing services
The lessons in this chapter will help you learn more about the topics that have been identified above. After you look over the lessons, you have the opportunity to test your knowledge with the self-assessing quizzes. The immediate feedback you get from the quizzes will be helpful to you as it will point out your strengths and weaknesses. The timeline feature associated with the video lessons will allow you to jump around to certain parts of the areas that you need to focus harder on before moving forward.
1. Due Process & Taking the Fifth & Fourteenth Amendments
There are only two amendments that stand for the same rights: the 5th Amendment and 14th Amendment. In this lesson, we will learn how both amendments speak to the rights of life, liberty and property with government protection and due process.
2. The Right to Privacy: Definition & Examples
In this lesson, we will learn about the right of privacy. We will take a closer look at the right, what it includes and what it means to society today.
3. Information Privacy: Laws & Examples
Information privacy is the protection of a customers or individuals personal information. In the lesson you will learn about information privacy, laws, examples followed by a quiz.
4. Ability-to-Pay Principle of Taxation: Theory & Analysis
Governments impose taxes to pay for their operations and state services. But how do governments decide how to use a system of taxation to charge taxpayers for those services? One of the most common theories of how people should pay taxes is the ability-to-pay theory of taxation.
5. Social Insurance Programs: Definition, Types & Examples
Social insurance programs constitute the largest expenditure in the federal budget. In this lesson, you'll learn about social insurance, and we'll also take a look at the major federal social insurance programs. A short quiz follows the lesson.
6. Public Assistance Programs: Origins, Development, Types & Examples
Poverty is still a serious problem in the United States and would be even more so but for various federal and state public assistance programs. In this lesson, you'll learn about what a public assistance program is and types of programs.
7. National Government: Definition, Responsibilities & Powers
Learn about the two basics types of national government, and see how each works with regional governments. When you're finished, take the quiz to see what you've learned.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the CGAP Exam Study Guide - Certified Government Auditing Professional course
- Auditing Standards & Governance
- Risk/Control Frameworks in Auditing
- Government Auditing Practices: The Audit Function
- Types of Government Audit Services
- Process for Delivery of Audit Services
- Government Auditing Skills & Techniques
- Evaluating Quantitative & Qualitative Data
- Government Auditing: Financial Management
- Implications of Audit Service Delivery Methods
- Unique Characteristics of Human Resources Management
- Unique Purchasing & Procurement Requirements
- CGAP Exam Study Guide - Certified Government Auditing Professional Flashcards