About This Chapter
Who's it for?
Anyone who needs help learning or mastering introductory business material will benefit from taking this course. There is no faster or easier way to learn introductory business. Among those who would benefit are:
- Students who have fallen behind in understanding globalization or the implications of information technology
- Students who struggle with learning disabilities or learning differences, including autism and ADHD
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning business (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class time and need to catch up
- Students who need an efficient way to learn about the implications of information technology
- Students who struggle to understand their teachers
- Students who attend schools without extra business learning resources
How it works:
- Find videos in our course that cover what you need to learn or review.
- Press play and watch the video lesson.
- Refer to the video transcripts to reinforce your learning.
- Test your understanding of each lesson with short quizzes.
- Verify you're ready by completing the implications of information technology chapter exam.
Why it works:
- Study Efficiently: Skip what you know, review what you don't.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Use the implications of information technology chapter exam to be prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any question on the implications of information technology. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: Watch videos on any Web-ready device.
Students will review:
This chapter helps students review the concepts in an implications of information technology unit of a standard introductory business course. Topics covered include:
- The impact of information technology on the economy
- How e-commerce and m-commerce affect consumer privacy and fraud
- The impact of technology on careers
- Outsourcing and insourcing
- Computer security and threat prevention
1. What is a Technological Change? - Definition, Advantages, Impact & Examples
How has technology changed your life in the last 5, 10, or 20 years? In this lesson, you will learn the definition of technological change as well as its advantages, impacts, and several examples.
2. What is ITIL? - Framework & Processes
This lesson provides an overview of ITIL, including its history and development. With this as a baseline, the lesson then goes into a discussion of the ITIL framework or methodology, and how its adoption can result in better IT services and lower costs within an organization.
3. What is Test-Driven Development (TDD)?
In this lesson we will explore test-driven development (TDD) for software, including how TDD is used, the process for completing it, and some advantages and disadvantages of TDD.
4. What is Product Data Management? - Definition & Tools
Welcome to product data management, where you will learn about the process of centralizing data about a product into one location, as well as how this data is used strategically within a company.
5. Information Technology: Impact on the Economy
6. Impact of Technology on Privacy
Technology has a number of social and ethical implications that cause debate and concern. One specific issue is privacy. Information technology has opened up society and decreased privacy. This lesson will explore a number of privacy issues that are of concern, including electronic surveillance, availability of personal information, cookies and spyware, and workplace monitoring.
7. Intellectual Property and Open Source Software: Issues and Concerns
One of the defining issues of the Internet era is intellectual property rights. The Internet has made it easy to access digital media and illegally copy it. This lesson will discuss intellectual property including protections through copyrights, trademarks and patents. We will also explore the open source movement and the growing trend toward free, unprotected software.
8. Impact of e-Commerce and m-Commerce on Consumer Privacy and Fraud
There are a number of challenges in the world of e-commerce and m-commerce stemming from the ease of information exchange over the Internet. The issues discussed in this lesson include consumer privacy and fraud.
9. Ergonomics, Telecommuting, Virtual Teams & Job Design: Technology Effects on Careers
This lesson explores the impact of information technology on job design, teamwork, health and safety and how we commute to work. Specific topics discussed are telecommuting, virtual teams, job design and ergonomics.
10. Globalization, Outsourcing & Insourcing: Impact of Technology on Careers
This lesson discusses the impact information technology has on careers. Globalization has been driven by advances in technology and has impacted job security and wages. We will specifically look at downsizing, insourcing and outsourcing.
11. Computer Security & Threat Prevention for Individuals & Organizations
Computer security and threat prevention is essential for individuals and organizations. Effective security measures can reduce errors, fraud, and losses. This lesson will explore unintentional threats and intentional threats. Various security measures and defenses will be explored, including encryption, firewalls, anti-virus, anti-spyware, passwords, back-ups, and biometric security.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Intro to Business: Help and Review course
- The Dynamic Business Environment: Help and Review
- Business Morality & Code of Conduct: Help and Review
- Economics and Business: Help and Review
- Business in Global Markets: Help and Review
- Forms of Business Ownership: Help and Review
- Entrepreneurship and Small Business: Help and Review
- Managing and Leading in Business: Help and Review
- Leadership Styles in Business: Help and Review
- Organizational Management: Help and Review
- Project Management Basics: Help and Review
- Business Production and Operations: Help and Review
- Workplace Productivity & Motivation: Help and Review
- Basics of Human Resources: Help and Review
- Managing the Employer-Worker Relationship: Help and Review
- Business Marketing Basics: Help and Review
- Product Development and Retailing: Help and Review
- Product Distribution & Supply Chain Management: Help and Review
- Pricing Strategy in Marketing: Help and Review
- Product Promotion in Business: Help and Review
- MIS Basics in Business: Help and Review
- Risk Management in Business: Help and Review
- Accounting Basics: Help and Review
- Financial Management in Business: Help and Review
- Securities Markets and Business: Help and Review
- Lean in Business
- Money and Financial Institutions: Help and Review
- Strategic Planning for Small Businesses
- Small Business Analysis Models
- Small Business Entrepreneurship
- Ethical Behavior & Social Responsibility in Small Business
- Product Pricing for Small Business