About This Chapter
Important Ancient Egyptian Personalities - Chapter Summary
This collection of bite-sized history study resources covers important historical figures of ancient Egypt. Follow along with our expert history instructors to contextualize the lives, accomplishments, contributions and deaths of Egypt's most famous pharaohs. After studying this chapter, you'll be equipped to:
- Understand where specific Egyptian pharaohs fall on Egypt's historical timeline
- Assess the relationship between Queen Hatshepsut and Ramses
- List the accomplishments and contributions of Akhenaten and Ramses II
- Recognize Egypt's Abu Simbel and the Mortuary temples
These lessons are designed to break down historical facts and concepts in a way that's easy to understand and remember. Our instructors are happy to assist you if you have any questions. Each lesson comes with a short quiz to help you retain the information you've studied. Finally, we've made the material accessible on any computer or mobile device so you can study whenever it's convenient.
1. Ancient Egyptian Gods & Goddesses: Names & Family Tree
In this section, you will receive a brief overview of the principal gods and goddesses in ancient Egyptian mythology. A general family tree that connects these gods and goddesses will also be provided.
2. Egyptian Pharaohs: History, Facts & Timeline
Learn about Ancient Egyptian society and the pharaohs. Explore the world of famous pharaohs such as King Menes, King Akhenaten, King Tutankhamen, and Queen Hatshepsut.
3. Queen Hatshepsut: Facts, Accomplishments & Death
Explore the life and accomplishment of the Pharaoh-Queen Hatshepsut and test your understanding about Ancient Egypt, the pharaohs, and the development of the Ancient World in this lesson.
4. Queen Hatshepsut & Ramses the Great of Egypt
While the pharaohs of Egypt may have ruled the land along the Nile for thousands of years throughout many dynasties, two names deserve special recognition as perhaps the greatest rulers. Learn more about Ramses the Great and Hatshepsut.
5. Akhenaten: Biography & Facts
Akhenaten oversaw Egypt in one of the most bizarre periods of its history. In this lesson, we'll talk about his life and achievements, and see how he tried to change the Egyptian world.
6. The Reign of Akhenaten: Accomplishments & Contributions
In this lesson we explore the reign of Akhenaten, the religiously zealous son of Amenhotep III who tried to initiate a profound shift in Egyptian religion, culture, and governance. We also examine his actions in foreign policy and the changes in Egyptian art during his reign.
7. Ramses II: Facts, Accomplishments & Death
Ancient Egypt had its fair share of mighty rulers, but few were as powerful as Ramses II. In this lesson, we're going to explore this pharaoh's life, death, and legacy and see how he impacted the ancient world.
8. Egypt's Abu Simbel & The Mortuary Temples
Ramses II was one of Egypt's most powerful pharaohs, and he dedicated his reign to building impressive monuments. In this lesson we'll explore two of Ramses' temples and see how he wanted to preserve his legacy.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the HSC Ancient History: Exam Prep & Syllabus course
- Cities of Vesuvius: Pompeii & Herculaneum
- Old Kingdom of Ancient Egypt
- New Kingdom of Ancient Egypt
- Ancient Egyptian Economy & Society
- Ancient Egyptian Culture & Customs
- Ancient Assyria Overview
- Israel & Judah from Solomon to the Fall of Jerusalem
- Ancient Israel Overview
- Important Near East Personalities
- Persia from Cyrus II to Darius III
- Ancient Persia Overview
- Ancient Minoans
- Mycenaean Civilization
- Ancient Greece from 500-399 BC
- Ancient Greece: Athens Overview
- Ancient Greece: Sparta Overview
- 4th Century Greece Till the Death of Philip II of Macedon
- Important Ancient Greek Personalities
- Ancient Rome from 264 to 31 BC
- Ancient Rome from 44 BC to AD 235
- Important Ancient Roman Personalities
- HSC Ancient History Flashcards