About This Chapter
Important Ancient Greek Personalities - Chapter Summary
Review historically important personalities of ancient Greece with this convenient study guide chapter. Through a series of short video and text-based lessons, our expert history instructors break down the conquests, achievements, facts and history behind ancient Greece's most influential people. These lessons help you review the lives and legacies of the following historical figures of ancient Greece:
- Pericles of Athens
- Alexander the Great
After working through each lesson, you're encouraged to take the accompanying self-assessment quiz to solidify your comprehension of these historical topics. If you have any questions about these ancient Greek historical figures, feel free to reach out to our instructors. The chapter can be accessed on any Internet-connected device, which enables you to study at your convenience.
1. Pericles of Athens: Facts, Achievements & Death
Pericles was a Greek statesman and general known for his influence in developing culture and democratic political systems in Athens in the 5th century BCE. Learn facts about Pericles' political career, achievements, military career, and death.
2. Alexander the Great: Biography, Conquests & Facts
The following is a brief biography of Alexander the Great of Macedonia, including the extent of his conquests and his legacy in creating the Hellenistic World.
3. What was Cleopatra? - History, Biography & Facts
Explore the life and achievements of the Egyptian Pharaoh Cleopatra and test your understanding about ancient Egypt, the Greek Empire, and the Roman Empire.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 220 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Other chapters within the HSC Ancient History: Exam Prep & Syllabus course
- Cities of Vesuvius: Pompeii & Herculaneum
- Old Kingdom of Ancient Egypt
- New Kingdom of Ancient Egypt
- Ancient Egyptian Economy & Society
- Ancient Egyptian Culture & Customs
- Important Ancient Egyptian Personalities
- Ancient Assyria Overview
- Israel & Judah from Solomon to the Fall of Jerusalem
- Ancient Israel Overview
- Important Near East Personalities
- Persia from Cyrus II to Darius III
- Ancient Persia Overview
- Ancient Minoans
- Mycenaean Civilization
- Ancient Greece from 500-399 BC
- Ancient Greece: Athens Overview
- Ancient Greece: Sparta Overview
- 4th Century Greece Till the Death of Philip II of Macedon
- Ancient Rome from 264 to 31 BC
- Ancient Rome from 44 BC to AD 235
- Important Ancient Roman Personalities
- HSC Ancient History Flashcards