About This Chapter
Important Ancient Roman Personalities - Chapter Summary
In this chapter, you can find out about some of the most important men and women in ancient Rome. Through these lessons, you can gain insights into the lives and accomplishments of these extraordinary people. You will find out who Tiberius Gracchus and Agrippina the Younger were and examine the life, career and death of Julius Caesar. By the time you've completed the lessons, you should be able to:
- Describe the life of and see quotations of Tiberius Gracchus
- Trace Julius Caesar's life, including his military and political accomplishments
- Explain how Caesar died
- Discuss the history and known facts about Agrippina the Younger
The short duration of these easy-to-follow lessons allows you to fit them readily into your schedule and the convenient online platform enables you to study in any location and from any device that offers Internet access. You can even study from your Smartphone! The lessons are well written and well presented, providing you with comprehensive information in an engaging, user-friendly format. Lesson quizzes and a chapter test give you an easy way to test yourself, and the Dashboard helps you stay on track.
1. Tiberius Gracchus: Biography & Quotes
Learn about the Roman tribune Tiberius Gracchus, one of the most famous and well-loved lawmakers in Roman history. Discover how he was assassinated for creating laws that would have helped the homeless at the expense of the wealthy.
2. Who was Julius Caesar? - Life & Assassination
In this lesson we will learn who Julius Caesar was. Together, we will take a closer look at his history, his personal life, and his legacy. We will analyze the improvements he made to Rome and how that may have led ultimately to his assassination.
3. Julius Caesar's Accomplishments as a Statesman
In this lesson you will learn about the accomplishments of Julius Caesar as a statesman, and analyze whether he was a great statesman, or just a great politician. First, you will learn how Caesar came into power, and then you will learn about some of the social and political reforms he enacted as a statesman.
4. Julius Caesar's Military Accomplishments
Julius Caesar was one of history's most important generals, and many of his tactics and battles are still studied by modern military minds. In this lesson, we will review some of his most outstanding military accomplishments.
5. Agrippina the Younger: Facts & History
Rome's history is full of powerful figures, but few were able to negotiate that power as successfully as Agrippina the Younger. In this lesson, we'll explore the life and legacy of this Roman empress and see how she managed to secure a position in the Roman Empire.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 220 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Other chapters within the HSC Ancient History: Exam Prep & Syllabus course
- Cities of Vesuvius: Pompeii & Herculaneum
- Old Kingdom of Ancient Egypt
- New Kingdom of Ancient Egypt
- Ancient Egyptian Economy & Society
- Ancient Egyptian Culture & Customs
- Important Ancient Egyptian Personalities
- Ancient Assyria Overview
- Israel & Judah from Solomon to the Fall of Jerusalem
- Ancient Israel Overview
- Important Near East Personalities
- Persia from Cyrus II to Darius III
- Ancient Persia Overview
- Ancient Minoans
- Mycenaean Civilization
- Ancient Greece from 500-399 BC
- Ancient Greece: Athens Overview
- Ancient Greece: Sparta Overview
- 4th Century Greece Till the Death of Philip II of Macedon
- Important Ancient Greek Personalities
- Ancient Rome from 264 to 31 BC
- Ancient Rome from 44 BC to AD 235
- HSC Ancient History Flashcards