About This Chapter
Who's It For?
Anyone who needs help learning or mastering information about the most important botanists throughout history will benefit from the lessons in this chapter. There is no faster or easier way to learn about the experiments and discoveries of history's most important botanists. Among those who would benefit are:
- Students who want to learn a broad topic in a short amount of time
- Students who are looking for easy ways to identify the most important information on the topic
- Students who have fallen behind in memorizing the most historically important botanists
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning about science (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class time and need to catch up
- Students who have limited time to study for an upcoming exam
How It Works:
- Complete each lesson in the chapter to review all key topics.
- Refer to the lesson to reinforce your learning.
- Test your understanding of each lesson with a short quiz.
- Complete your review with the Important Botanists in History chapter exam.
Why It Works:
- Study Efficiently: The lessons in this chapter cover only information you need to know.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging instruction and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Take the Important Botanists in History chapter exam to make sure you're prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any science question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: View lessons on any web-ready device.
Students Will Review:
This chapter summarizes the material students need to know about important botanists for a standard science course. You'll study the biographies, discoveries, inventions and experiments of the following botanists:
- Nicholas Culpeper
- Sir Joseph Banks
- Luther Burbank
- Robert Brown
1. Nicholas Culpeper: Biography, Books & Quotes
In this lesson you will learn about the life, discoveries, and books about a British herbalist named Nicholas Culpeper. He wrote a book that made herbal medicine accessible for the common man.
2. Sir Joseph Banks: Biography & Plant Discoveries
This lesson will explore the life of the famous English botanist Sir Joseph Banks. You'll also learn about a few of the many different plants he (and his team) discovered and collected.
3. Luther Burbank: Inventions, Experiments & Accomplishments
Learn about Luther Burbank and his inventions, experiments, and accomplishments in the field of plant horticulture. Find out what foods we eat today are the result of Burbank's work.
4. Robert Brown: Cell Theory, Inventions & Discoveries
There are so many scientists that have helped us to better understand the world around us. We are going to discuss the discoveries and contributions of one such scientist by the name of Robert Brown.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 220 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Significant Scientists Study Guide course
- Important Geologists in History
- Imporant Geneticists in History
- Important Astronomers in History
- Important Biochemists in History
- Important Biologists in History
- Important Computer Scientists in History
- Important Environmentalists in History
- Important Naturalists in History
- Important Neurologists in History
- Important Paleontologists in History
- Important Physicians in History
- Important Physiologists in History
- Important Zoologists in History