About This Chapter
Who's It For?
Anyone who needs help learning or mastering information about important engineers will benefit from the lessons in this chapter. There is no faster or easier way to learn about history's most significant engineers. Among those who would benefit are:
- Students who want to learn a broad topic in a short amount of time
- Students who are looking for easy ways to identify the most important information on the topic
- Students who have fallen behind in memorizing information about important engineers
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning about world history (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class time and need to catch up
- Students who have limited time to study for an upcoming exam
How It Works:
- Complete each lesson in the chapter to review all key topics.
- Refer to the lesson to reinforce your learning.
- Test your understanding of each lesson with a short quiz.
- Complete your review with the Important Engineers in History chapter exam.
Why It Works:
- Study Efficiently: The lessons in this chapter cover only information you need to know.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging instruction and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Take the Important Engineers in History chapter exam to make sure you're prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any world history question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: View lessons on any web-ready device.
Students Will Review:
This chapter summarizes the material students need to know about historically important engineers for a standard world history course. You'll study the lives and inventions of the following engineers:
- Wernher Von Braun
- John Logie Baird
- Gottlieb Daimler
- K. Eric Drexler
1. Wernher Von Braun: Biography, Facts & Quotes
In this lesson, we'll explore the personal life of the famous rocket scientist Wernher von Braun. You'll learn a little bit about his childhood, his education, and his family.
2. John Logie Baird: Biography, Inventions & Awards
This lesson goes over the life and work of a man many people have never heard of, John Logie Baird. But his invention, you have absolutely seen, used, or heard of.
3. Gottlieb Daimler: Biography & Inventions
This lesson goes over the life and work of one Gottlieb Daimler. If you're into cars, and his last name rings a bell, you'll find out why that may be the case in this lesson.
4. K. Eric Drexler: Biography & Nanotechnology
In this lesson, you're going to learn a bit about a man by the name of K. Eric Drexler. You may not have heard of him but you have definitely heard of a term he popularized.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Important People in World History Study Guide course
- Important Religious Figures in History
- Famous Philosophers
- Important Scientists, Inventors & Explorers
- U.S. Political & Revolutionary Leaders
- Famous European & African Leaders
- Famous Asian & Russian World Leaders
- Important Artists & Literary Figures in History
- Important Inventors in History
- Important Mathematicians in History
- Important Philosophers in History
- Leaders in Ancient History