About This Chapter
Who's It For?
Anyone who needs help learning or mastering information about important environmentalists in history will benefit from the lessons in this chapter. There is no faster or easier way to learn about the most historically significant environmentalists. Among those who would benefit are:
- Students who want to learn a broad topic in a short amount of time
- Students who are looking for easy ways to identify the most important information on the topic
- Students who have fallen behind in memorizing information about important environmentalists
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning about science (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class time and need to catch up
- Students who have limited time to study for an upcoming exam
How It Works:
- Complete each lesson in the chapter to review all key topics.
- Refer to the lesson to reinforce your learning.
- Test your understanding of each lesson with a short quiz.
- Complete your review with the Important Environmentalists in History chapter exam.
Why It Works:
- Study Efficiently: The lessons in this chapter cover only information you need to know.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging instruction and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Take the Important Environmentalists in History chapter exam to make sure you're prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any science question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: View lessons on any web-ready device.
Students Will Review:
This chapter summarizes the material students need to know about important environmentalists for a standard science course. Topics covered include:
- The life and works of Lester R. Brown
- Henry David Thoreau's books and poems
- Thoreau's transcendentalist views
1. Lester R. Brown: Biography, Theory & Books
Farmer, environmental activist, and author, Lester Brown has spent his life trying to inform and rid the world of environmental destruction. In this lesson we'll take a look at his life, theory and books.
2. Henry David Thoreau: Biography, Books & Poems
Henry David Thoreau was a famous writer, philosopher, and environmentalist who lived in the nineteenth century. In this lesson, learn more about Thoreau's very interesting life and some of the books and poems that he wrote.
3. Henry David Thoreau & Transcendentalism
Henry David Thoreau was a famous and influential transcendentalist writer. He wrote essays, poems, and books that still resonate with people today. In this lesson, learn about transcendentalism and how Thoreau contributed to the movement.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Significant Scientists Study Guide course
- Important Geologists in History
- Imporant Geneticists in History
- Important Astronomers in History
- Important Biochemists in History
- Important Biologists in History
- Important Botanists in History
- Important Computer Scientists in History
- Important Naturalists in History
- Important Neurologists in History
- Important Paleontologists in History
- Important Physicians in History
- Important Physiologists in History
- Important Zoologists in History