About This Chapter
Who's It For?
Anyone who needs help learning or mastering important neurologists in history will benefit from the lessons in this chapter. There is no faster or easier way to learn about these neurologists. Among those who would benefit are:
- Students who want to learn a broad topic in a short amount of time
- Students who are looking for easy ways to identify the most important information on the topic
- Students who have fallen behind in memorizing the biographies, quotes and contributions of Sigmund Freud, Charles Sherrington and other top neurologists
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning science (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class time and need to catch up
- Students who have limited time to study for an upcoming exam
How It Works:
- Complete each lesson in the chapter to review all key topics.
- Refer to the lesson to reinforce your learning.
- Test your understanding of each lesson with a short quiz.
- Complete your review with the Important Neurologists in History chapter exam.
Why It Works:
- Study Efficiently: The lessons in this chapter cover only information you need to know.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging instruction and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Take the Important Neurologists in History chapter exam to make sure you're prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any science question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: View lessons on any web-ready device.
Students Will Review:
This chapter summarizes the material students need to know about important neurologists in history for a standard science course. Topics covered include:
- Rita Levi-Montalcini quotes, facts and biography
- Discoveries, books and contributions from Rita Levi-Montalcini
- Sigmund Freud's biography, quotes and facts
- Biography, quotes and discovery of Charles Sherrington
1. Rita Levi-Montalcini: Biography, Facts & Quotes
In this lesson you will learn about the life of the Italian neurobiologist, Rita Levi-Montalcini who was awarded the Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine.
2. Rita Levi-Montalcini: Books, Discoveries & Contributions
In this lesson you will learn about the Nobel Laureate Rita Levi-Montalcini whose discovery of nerve growth factor led to major breakthroughs in neurobiology.
3. Sigmund Freud: Biography, Facts & Quotes
Sigmund Freud is one of the most influential thinkers of all time. In this lesson we will cover details about his life, talk about some of his quotes and some facts that you may or may not know.
4. Charles Sherrington: Biography, Quotes & Discovery
If you've ever studied neurology, then you've certainly hear of proprioceptors and synapses. Find out what Charles Sherrington has to do with these terms in this lesson.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 220 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Significant Scientists Study Guide course
- Important Geologists in History
- Imporant Geneticists in History
- Important Astronomers in History
- Important Biochemists in History
- Important Biologists in History
- Important Botanists in History
- Important Computer Scientists in History
- Important Environmentalists in History
- Important Naturalists in History
- Important Paleontologists in History
- Important Physicians in History
- Important Physiologists in History
- Important Zoologists in History