About This Chapter
Improving Call Center Customer Satisfaction - Chapter Summary
You can have your employees watch the videos in this chapter to give them the tools they need to increase your call center's customer satisfaction. Employees will learn the following:
- How to develop inbound and outbound telephone skills
- Ways to use call center technology to increase customer satisfaction
- The benefits of customer experience management (CEM)
- How to analyze call center performance
- Strategies for resolving conflict in call center service
This chapter is equipped with the resources you need to provide a complete corporate training experience. In addition to short video lessons, you have access to self-assessment quizzes, a chapter exam and full video transcripts. Instructors are also available to answer any questions you have about the lessons.
How It Helps
- Improves call center skills: The videos help employees understand how to offer quality customer service, manage conflict and more, improving their overall skills in the call center.
- Strengthens customer care: By teaching the ways current technology and customer experience management can improve efficiency and effectiveness, the entire customer care process is strengthened.
- Enhances employee performance: Learning methods to analyze call center activity can help team leaders encourage employees to perform at the highest level possible.
This chapter will help your employees be able to:
- Describe ways to develop effective telephone skills in workers
- Understand the value of having managers listen in on calls to provide effective feedback
- Outline ways call centers can use customer accounts and automated intelligent routing to improve customer satisfaction
- Detail the use of metrics to determine if a high level of customer service is being reached
- Explain how agents can be trained to manage conflict through the five conflict-handling modes
1. Developing Inbound & Outbound Telephone Skills
It is vital to a business that its call center representatives have good telephone etiquette skills. This lesson describes a variety of telephone etiquette skills call center representatives can utilize to communicate effectively with customers.
2. How Call Center Technology Increases Customer Satisfaction
This lesson will review the customer service benefits of utilizing technology in call center operations. Learn how technology like the automated intelligent routing system and call recording features can help ensure happy customers.
3. Benefits of Customer Experience Management (CEM)
This lesson will discuss customer experience management and the process between a customer and a company. We will review how it is important to improving customer satisfaction in call center customer service.
4. Metrics for Analyzing Call Center Performance
This lesson will describe the importance of measuring call center performance. Will will also define several call center metrics for evaluating a call center's performance.
5. Resolving Conflict in Call Center Customer Service
Conflicts with customers in a call center environment are bound to happen. In this lesson, you'll learn more about resolving those conflicts to improve customer satisfaction.
6. Practical Application: Resolving Conflict in Call Center Customer Service
Conflict in the call center is unavoidable, but manageable. In these three scenarios, you will apply what you know about conflict resolution in the call center by helping three agents find strategies for resolving specific, common conflicts.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Call Center Customer Service - Improving Customer Satisfaction course