About This Chapter
Improving Individual Creativity - Chapter Summary
Help your employees improve their individual creativity at work by assigning these simple corporate training lessons. The chapter is taught by expert business instructors who lay out methods and strategies for fostering creativity at work and optimizing creative workspaces. You can assign these lessons whenever it's convenient, and your employees can review the lessons whenever they have free time. The chapter also comes with short quizzes to help reinforce these creativity strategies.
How It Helps
- Builds awareness: The chapter contains lessons that help employees become aware of the applications of creativity, brainstorming, divergent thinking and convergent thinking.
- Discusses creativity applications: Lessons cover the practical business applicants of individual creativity and creative decision making.
- Improves creativity: Employees will be able to foster creativity at work and configure their office spaces to maximize creativity.
By the end of the chapter, your employees should be able to:
- Identify the elements of cognitive thinking
- Recognize the importance of creativity in decision making
- Foster creativity at work
- Configure office spaces for productivity and creativity
- Evaluate the practical applications of improving one's individual creativity
- Discuss the applications of the workplace scorecard
1. Cognitive Thinking: Creativity, Brainstorming and Convergent & Divergent Thinking
Creativity is useful in almost any situation, but how is creativity defined? This lesson covers the definition of creativity and discusses how creativity requires several different types of thinking, including divergent thinking and synthetic, analytic, and practical intelligence. This lesson also defines and describes brainstorming.
2. Creativity in Decision Making: Importance & Examples
Creativity can take many forms, including the way that decisions are made for business success. Understanding the process of making creative decisions - and implementing some steps to improve your creativity - can help you make better decisions.
3. Fostering Creativity in the Workplace
This lesson discusses the importance of creativity in the workplace. Learn how employers can encourage, promote, and reward employees to foster creativity.
4. Configuring an Office Space for Creativity & Productivity
The lesson will address some of the common issues that are related to making an office space or a work environment a more productive place. The lesson will also discuss ways that an office space can be arranged for more creativity.
5. Practical Application: Improving Individual Creativity
How can you become a more individually creative and innovative employee? Here, we'll be looking at open-ended questions that can help you find ways to improve individual creativity not only in yourself but also in your fellow employees.
6. Practical Application: Individual Creativity in the Workplace Scorecard
Individual creativity can have a massive positive effect on a company, which is why many companies choose to have their employees go through creativity training. This scorecard will help managers assess the learning outcomes of employees' creativity training.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.