About This Chapter
Improving Quality in Business - Chapter Summary
Our subject-matter experts have prepared for you these lessons on improving quality in business. Take a look at examples of quality management systems, organizational implementation of total quality management, and methods and processes of quality improvement management. These lessons will help you answer test questions on such lesson topics as:
- Definitions and dimensions of operational and supply chain product quality
- Quality management systems
- The field of organizational behavior and total quality management
- The five principles of TQM
- Principles and processes of Six Sigma
Video lessons are hosted by Study.com instructors, each with an average run time of 5-10 minutes. A short quiz accompanies all lessons for you to assess your understanding of the material just presented. You can submit any questions you have to the instructor directly.
1. Product Quality in Operations & Supply Chains: Definition & Dimensions
How do you determine the quality of a product or service? In this lesson, we will discuss the various definitions and dimensions of quality and why quality is important to operations and supply chains.
2. What Is Quality Management System? - Definition & Examples
Even if a company isn't concerned about producing a world-class product, quality still needs to be a primary goal. In this lesson, you'll learn about quality management systems - what they are, how they work, and why they are so important.
3. Total Quality Management in the Field of Organizational Behavior
Companies need to stay competitive in the global business environment. Two philosophies that can help them improve their quality are TQM and Six Sigma.
4. Five Principles of Total Quality Management (TQM)
Total quality management (TQM) is achieved and becomes part of the overall organizational culture when the five principles - produce quality work the first time, focus on the customer, have a strategic approach to improvement, improve continuously and encourage mutual respect and teamwork - are practiced by all employees.
5. Implementing Total Quality Management (TQM) in an Organization
When an organization adopts total quality management, they are really creating a new culture of customer satisfaction and quality products and services utilizing the skills of highly qualified employees and strong supplier relations to meet and exceed organizational goals.
6. Quality Improvement Management: Methods & Process
Quality improvement management is an area where leaders attempt to create an environment where everyone is looking for ways to make things better. The Plan-Do-Check-Act process is commonly used to improve systems and employee performance.
7. Six Sigma: Principles & Process
How can companies boost profits by lowering mistakes made? In this lesson, we'll examine the Six Sigma program, including what it is, where it came from, the key principles of Six Sigma, and the DMAIC process used in Six Sigma programs.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the CM Planning & Organizing Exam Study Guide - Certified Manager course
- Strategic Planning in Business
- Business Missions & Goals
- Building Strategy in Business
- Value Chain Management
- Improving Customer Relations
- Improving Efficiency in Business
- Improving Innovation in Business
- Project Management Definition & Skills
- Managing Structure & Culture in Business
- Building Teams & Work Groups
- Human Resources & Hiring
- Training & Assessment in an Organization
- Overview of Workplace Pay & Benefits
- Diversity at Work
- Coaching & Feedback in the Workplace
- Career Business Networking
- Mentoring at Work
- Holding Productive Meetings
- CM Planning & Organizing Exam Study Guide - Certified Manager Flashcards