About This Chapter
Who's It For?
Anyone who needs help summarizing the chapters in In Cold Blood will benefit from these lessons. There is no faster or easier way to review the story's plot, sequence of events and conflicts. Among those who would benefit are:
- Students who want to learn a broad topic in a short amount of time
- Students who are looking for easy ways to identify the most important information on the topic
- Students who have fallen behind in studying the chapters from In Cold Blood
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning about literature (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class time and need to catch up
- Students who have limited time to study for an upcoming exam
How It Works:
- Complete each lesson in the chapter to review all key topics.
- Refer to the lesson to reinforce your learning.
- Test your understanding of each lesson with a short quiz.
- Complete your review with the In Cold Blood Chapter Summaries chapter exam.
Why It Works:
- Study Efficiently: The lessons in this chapter cover only information you need to know.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging instruction and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Take the In Cold Blood Chapter Summaries chapter exam to make sure you're prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any literature question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: View lessons on any web-ready device.
Students Will Review:
These lessons summarizes all the chapters from In Cold Blood for a standard literature course. You can expect to study:
- Summaries of each of the novel's chapters
- The conflicts from In Cold Blood
- More information related to the book's plot and sequences of events
1. In Cold Blood Chapter 1 Summary
In this lesson, we will summarize the first chapter of Truman Capote's non-fiction story, entitled 'In Cold Blood.' Chapter One, 'The Last to See Them Alive,' takes the reader through the Clutter's final day.
2. In Cold Blood Chapter 2 Summary
This lesson will summarize Chapter Two of Truman Capote's 'In Cold Blood,' titled 'Persons Unknown.' Chapter Two follows the aftermath of the Clutter murders in both Kansas, where the investigation begins, and Mexico, where the murderers plan their next move.
3. In Cold Blood Chapter 3 Summary
In this lesson, we will examine the third chapter of ''In Cold Blood'' by Truman Capote entitled 'The Answer.' In this chapter, we learn why Perry and Dick killed the Clutters.
4. In Cold Blood Chapter 4 Summary
In this lesson, we will summarize the fourth and final chapter of Truman Capote's ''In Cold Blood.'' The fourth chapter, which is entitled 'The Corner,' provides closure as Smith and Hickock are tried and executed for their crimes.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.