About This Chapter
Increasing Team Cohesion in the Workplace - Chapter Summary
This chapter's lessons explore the stages of team development, how to keep teams functioning and communication methods. They also describe various team building exercises, such as the stereotype party and two truths and a lie. These lessons look at topics including:
- Ways to promote cohesion among team members
- The team building process
- Everyday team building
- Communicating in teams
These lessons are short, about five to ten minutes long, and can be viewed individually or sequentially. Your employees can watch alone, on their computer, tablet or smartphone, or in a group training session that promotes discussion. Every lesson includes a quiz that goes over important points, and there is an exam at the end of the chapter.
How It Helps
- Provides team building exercises: This chapter includes activities to promote teamwork and build relationships that can be used in a corporate training program.
- Emphasizes team development: Learning about the stages of team development and how to work through the process will enable your team leaders and members to understand what it entails.
- Promotes communication: Through these short lessons, employees can absorb the listening, questioning and feedback skills needed in an efficient, effective team.
- Offers tips for implementation: Team leaders and team members should understand that team building is a daily exercise. Our instructors offer tips to keep the process on track.
After completing these corporate training lessons, employees should be able to:
- Explain how to build cohesion in the group
- Describe stages of team development
- Engage in team building exercises
- Demonstrate team building skills on a daily basis
- Communicate with their team members
1. Becoming a Cohesive Group: Using Team Building to Increase Group Cohesion
Have you ever wondered why some groups seem to work better together than others? In this lesson you will learn what it means to be a cohesive group and how team building activities can be used to increase group cohesion.
2. Practical Application: Choosing the Right Team Building Activity
Team working environments can present unique challenges. Sometimes, it calls for the right team-building activity to get things back on track. Here, you'll be asked to find a solution for three team scenarios.
3. The Stages of Team Development
You've noticed that many companies are moving toward working in teams. How do they do it? What does it entail? This lesson explains what to expect from team development and how to work through each stage.
4. Team Building Activities for Work
Great team building activities boost productivity, improve communication and strengthen morale. In this lesson, learn about effective team building activities and how to choose the right one for your team.
5. Communicating in Team-Based Organizations
The key to successful teams is the ability to communicate effectively. All business teams must learn to communicate, listen, ask questions and offer feedback.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.