About This Chapter
Indian History for Elementary School - Chapter Summary
Whether you're helping your elementary school student study for a test, prepare for a class project or gain personal knowledge of Indian history, this chapter can help! These engaging lessons for kids are designed to ensure young students absorb information about British Raj, East India Company, imperialism and other related topics with ease. Quizzes and a practice exam are available in this chapter to find out how much your student comprehends. Any questions about topics covered in the lessons can be submitted to our experts.
Who It's For
Kids who need extra help with Indian history will benefit from the lessons in this chapter. There's no faster or easier way to learn about Indian history.
- Students who have fallen behind in understanding India's relationship with Great Britain and other aspects of its history
- Students who have learning disabilities or need a little extra help learning about Indian history
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning history (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class and need to catch up
- Students who need an efficient and convenient way to learn about Indian history
- Students who struggle to understand their history teachers
- Students who attend schools without extra history resources
How It Works
- Find lessons in the chapter that cover Indian history topics your student needs to learn or review.
- Press play to watch the video lesson with your student or read through the text lesson.
- Review the lesson or video transcripts, emphasizing the highlighted vocab words to reinforce learning about Indian history.
- Test your student's understanding of each lesson with short quizzes.
- Verify your student understands Indian history by completing the Indian History for Elementary School chapter exam.
1. British Raj Lesson for Kids: Summary & Timeline
All of India as we know it today was ruled by Great Britain for nearly 100 years, a time known as the British Raj. Learn about the beginning and end of British rule in India in this lesson.
2. East India Company Lesson for Kids: History & Facts
The East India Company was the first business to reach across the globe for products and profits. Learn about the development of the company and how it would eventually influence the world.
3. British East India Company & Imperialism: Lesson for Kids
In this lesson, we will learn about the British East India Company, which provided the British people with a wide variety of amazing new products from Asia. Using the profits from trade, the company eventually helped to create the massive British empire.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 220 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page