About This Chapter
Indiana Real Estate Commission & Licensing - Chapter Summary
Gain greater insight into the laws and regulations of the Indiana Real Estate Commission and also learn the real estate licensing process by exploring engaging lessons developed by top instructors. This self-paced chapter gets you up to speed with types of licenses, how they are maintained and much more. Upon completion, you could be ready to:
- Discuss the duties of the Indiana Real Estate Commission
- Explain the role the Indiana Real Estate Commission plays in disciplinary sanctions
- List and describe Indiana real estate activities that require a license
- Describe eligibility requirements for Indiana real estate licenses
- Share requirements for maintaining Indiana real estate licenses
Enjoy the flexibility of deciding when, how often and in which order you'd like to review this chapter's lessons. At any point during your studies, feel free to check your knowledge of lesson concepts by taking accompanying quizzes and a comprehensive practice test. Need help understanding topics covered in this chapter? Send your questions to our subject-matter experts via the dashboard! If you want to study while away from your computer, don't hesitate to access this chapter using your smartphone or tablet.
1. Indiana Real Estate Commission: Laws, Regulations & Duties
The Indiana Real Estate Commission (IREC) is responsible for governing all real estate licensees in Indiana. In this lesson, you'll learn about the laws, regulations, and duties of the Indiana Real Estate Commission.
2. The Role of the Indiana Real Estate Commission in Disciplinary Sanctions
Your role as a real estate agent comes with many responsibilities and obligations to your clients and consumers. This lesson helps explain the potential disciplinary actions that can happen when an agent is accused of misconduct or acts illegally.
3. Real Estate Activities that Require a License in Indiana
Unsure of what real estate activities can be done with (or without) a real estate license? This lesson outlines many common activities and exemptions for those activities.
4. Indiana Real Estate Licenses: Types & Eligibility
A person who is compensated for the facilitation of a real estate transaction must be licensed. This lesson will explain the types of real estate licenses and eligibility requirements in accordance with the Indiana Real Estate Commission.
5. Maintenance Requirements for Indiana Real Estate Licenses
The world of real estate is exciting and fulfilling. But there are requirements that must be met to keep your license legal and active. Once you understand these requirements, you'll be ready to jump into your career.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Indiana Real Estate Broker Exam Study Guide course
- Introduction to Real Property
- Public & Private Land-Use Control
- Estate Ownership, Rights & Interest
- Deeds & Property Transfers
- Property Titles
- Property Value & Appraisal
- Introduction to Real Estate Contracts
- Real Estate Agencies & Agency Relationships
- Listing Agreements & Property Management
- Fair Housing & Consumer Protection
- Risk Management in Real Estate
- Property Disclosures
- Introduction to Real Estate Financing
- Real Estate Lender Requirements
- Federal Real Estate Financing Regulations
- Closing & Settlement Real Estate Transactions
- Real Estate Investments
- Indiana Real Estate Law
- Real Estate Business Procedures