About This Chapter
Individual Creativity & Innovation - Chapter Summary
This comprehensive corporate development chapter shows employees how to increase individual creativity and innovation. Taught by expert business instructors, this chapter contains short lessons that discuss the benefits of innovation and creativity in the workplace. The chapter also comes with multiple-choice quizzes that help employees see how well they understand the concepts they study. Employees will be able to access the chapter at any time that fits their schedules, and they can submit questions to our subject matter experts if they need any extra help with the material.
How It Helps
- Builds awareness: The chapter gives employees an opportunity to become more aware of the benefits of improving individual creativity at work.
- Examines business innovation concepts: Lessons discuss the benefits of business innovations in modern business contexts.
- Improves creativity: Employees who complete the chapter can increase their individual creativity in the workplace.
By the end of the chapter, your employees should be able to:
- Define the concept of creativity
- Compare types of business innovations
- Recognize the importance of innovation, creativity and change in the knowledge economy
- Identify workplace creativity dimensions
- Understand the benefits and practical applications of individual creativity at work
1. What Is Creativity? - Definition & Exercises
Creativity is a novel response to a task that is useful, appropriate, and/or valuable. Creativity presents itself at several levels, and almost anyone can be creative.
2. Innovation in Business: Importance, Types & Examples
Innovation is everywhere. Learn several key concepts in the study of innovation, including leading theories, forms of innovation, and its impact on the competitive market.
3. Creativity, Innovation, and Change and the Knowledge Economy
In business, one has to be creative and innovative in order to stay ahead of the competition. Having said that, one also needs to be able to manage change, as the business world changes on a constant basis. This lesson will address each of these topics and explain how they interrelate to business.
4. Dimensions of Creativity in the Workplace
What makes people creative? And how can managers encourage creativity in the workplace? In this lesson, we'll look at the dimensions of creativity, including creative class, creative capital, and creative environments, and how they can be built into business.
5. Benefits of Individual Creativity in the Workplace
This lesson goes over the benefits of individual creativity in the workplace. You might be surprised to learn that individual creativity benefits more than just, well, the individual.
6. Practical Application: Individual Creativity in the Workplace
Individual creativity can have a significant impact on a company's culture and productivity. This essay question will encourage you to think through some important concepts about creativity and its role in a successful workplace.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.