About This Chapter
Individual, Dual & Team Sports & Games - Chapter Summary
These lessons take a look at definitions, examples and skills pertaining to individual, dual & team sports and games. They also delve into related principles and teaching strategies of physical education. Once you're done reviewing with this chapter, you'll have bolstered your understanding of:
- Comparing dual and team sports
- Modifying dual and team sports to aid successful participation at all levels
- P.E. etiquette and fair play
- Fostering life skills and motor learning with activities, sports and games
Within each of these lessons, you'll find practice quizzes at your disposal that you can use to make sure you've understood the material before moving on. When you reach the end of the chapter, you'll also be able to take a practice final exam in which the content covered within each lesson is summated.
1. Individual Sports: Definition, Examples & Skill Development
Do you like the idea of playing an individual sport and being the master of your own destiny, win or lose? In this lesson, we discuss individual sports, give examples, and review the skills, techniques of training, and motivation.
2. Dual & Team Sports: Definition & Comparison
Dual and team sports may seem different, but many of their strategies are similar, and participating in one can help strengthen skills in another. In this lesson, learn about the differences and similarities between several common dual and team sports.
3. Teaching Strategies for Dual & Team Sports
In this lesson, we review teaching strategies for both dual and team sports. We discuss not only the physical aspects, but also the mental side of these sports. We also discuss critical elements in teaching sports and tactics that are employed to achieve these strategies.
4. Modifying Dual & Team Sports for All Levels
In this lesson, we discuss how to modify dual and teams sports, which allows for students of all levels and physical abilities to participate in the action and helps to keep the children safe from injuries as well.
5. Physical Education Class: Inclusion, Etiquette & Fair Play
In this lesson we discuss the concepts of etiquette, fair play, and inclusion in physical education class. This also includes the students respect for others along with showing consideration and sportsmanship.
6. Promoting Life Skills With Activities, Sports & Games
In this lesson, we discuss how to promote life skills using various activities, including sports and games. We review positive effects of these activities as well as eight life skills that are promoted by them.
7. Promoting Motor Learning With Activities, Sports & Games
In this lesson, we review ways to promote motor learning. We discuss activities, sports, and games that improve motor learning, and we discuss certain patterns and behaviors.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the CSET Physical Education Subtest II (130): Practice & Study Guide course
- About the CSET Physical Education Test
- Personal Development
- Motivation Theory in Teaching Physical Education
- Social Development in a Physical Education Setting
- Factors Influencing Physical Activity Choices
- Fundamental & Rhythmic Movement
- Dance Concepts & Forms
- Aquatic Skills
- Nontraditional & Group Physical Activities
- Fitness Activities
- Physical Education Evaluation & Tests
- Basic Statistical Applications
- Physical Education Assessments & Goals
- CSET Physical Education Subtest 2 Flashcards