About This Chapter
Individual, Dual & Team Sports Skills - Chapter Summary
Students participating in sports must know various rules and develop certain skills to be successful. This set of lessons on the subject of individual, dual and team sports skills was developed by our experts. These studies will familiarize you with techniques and rules associated with archery and field hockey as well as strategies and rules related to bowling. You will also look at such lesson topics as:
- Skills, roles and strategies applicable to golf
- Activities, skills and safety in basketball
- How to develop football skills
- Equipment, rules and techniques that apply to team handball
- Rules that are applicable to track and field
- The development of dance skills and creative movement techniques
- Techniques, skills and safety that applies to walking, jogging and hiking
Log on while on the go with your Internet-ready mobile device to work on these lessons. Keep track of your progress on your dashboard.
1. Golf: Skills, Rules & Strategies
Golf is played for sport and for leisure and is a game for all ages. This lesson will break down skill sets, progression of those skills, techniques, conditioning programs, rules involved, safety concerns, strategies used and equipment needed.
2. Archery: Skills, Rules & Techniques
Archery is a popular sport that has been around for centuries. This lesson will describe types of bows, archery techniques, and present-day rules for this ancient activity.
3. Basketball Skills, Activities & Safety
Who hasn't been impressed by basketball greats like Magic Johnson and Larry Bird? In this lesson, we'll define the different offensive and defensive basketball skills and highlight activities to improve them, as well as review safety practices. We'll also delve into the mental side of the sport.
4. How to Develop Football Skills
In this lesson we encompass the various methods for developing football skills. We also discuss the ever-changing role of injury and concussion prevention that is occurring along with an overview of crucial nutrition.
5. Team Handball: Techniques, Equipment & Rules
Team handball, an Olympic sport, combines aspects of basketball, hockey, and soccer to create a fast-paced, grueling team game. Learn about various aspects of this exciting sport.
6. Field Hockey: Techniques, Rules & Skills
Want to learn about the specific techniques, conditioning drills, rules, and strategies of field hockey? If so, then just sit back, relax, and read this lesson to learn all about this exciting and intense sport.
7. Track & Field Rules
Have you ever been to a large track and field competition? There are usually a lot of events going on at once. This lesson gives an overview of etiquette and rules for the various events.
8. Developing Creative Movement & Dance Skills
In this lesson we discuss ways to develop creative movements and dance skills. We also elaborate on the nascent field of dance therapy and some systems used to improve these abilities. We also touch on safety practices to follow.
9. Walking, Jogging & Hiking: Skills, Techniques & Safety
In this lesson, we'll be learning about the techniques needed for safe progression in walking, jogging and hiking. We'll also explore equipment that can help improve your performance.
10. Bowling: Skills, Strategies & Rules
Bowling is an activity that can be enjoyed by participants of all ages, for recreation as well as on a competitive level. Learn about the rules, equipment, safety, skills, and techniques needed to participate successfully in this time-honored sport.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the TExES Physical Education EC-12 (158): Practice & Study Guide course
- Motor Skill Development in Children
- Biomechanical Principles
- Sports & Recreational Activities
- Softball Rules & Skills
- Soccer History & Rules
- Volleyball History & Rules
- Individual, Dual & Team Sports & Games
- Physical Activity, Exercise & Fitness
- Cardiovascular Fitness
- Muscular Strength & Flexibility in Fitness
- Health & Wellness in Childhood & Adolescence
- Nutrition & Health for Children
- Instructional Pedagogy
- Role of Physical Education in Student Learning
- Physical Education Teacher Planning & Instruction
- Positive Physical Education Learning Environments
- Physical Education Program Goals & Administration
- Effective Communication in Physical Education Classrooms
- Student Assessment Types
- Student Assessment in Special Education
- Using Technology in Physical Education
- Professional Development for Physical Education Teachers
- Laws & Legislation Affecting Physical Education
- Safety & First Aid for the Physical Education Classroom
- TExES Physical Education EC-12 Flashcards