About This Chapter
Individual Integrity & Ethics - Chapter Summary and Learning Objectives
Lessons in this chapter focus on individual integrity, morals and ethics within businesses and offer an in-depth study of how an individual's decisions impact business and society. The professional instructors who teach these lessons will cover strategies for making moral decisions in businesses and understanding the importance of an individual's moral compass. After watching the videos in this chapter, you'll have knowledge of the following:
- Impact of Morals & Values in Business
- Ethical Decision Making in Business
- Personal Moral Codes & Values
|Impact of Morals & Values on Autonomous Moral Reasoning in Business||Explain the impact of individual morals and values on workplace conduct.|
|How Individual Values Affect Business Decisions||Explain the impact of individual values on business decisions.|
|Personal Moral Code: Definition & Examples||Define personal moral code and give examples of how it applies in business settings.|
|Moral Compass & Intelligence in Ethical Decision-Making in Business||Explain moral compass and moral intelligence and how each influences conduct and decision-making in business.|
1. Impact of Morals & Values on Autonomous Moral Reasoning in Business
The way business leaders view right and wrong, particularly their deeply held and personal beliefs, is very influential to the overall culture of ethics at an organization. This lesson explores the way a business leader's moral reasoning affects his or her company.
2. How Individual Values Affect Business Decisions
Ideally, we would all like to work for an organization that embodies our values, but what if there's a disconnect? Do personal values win out over business decisions? In this lesson, we'll examine the intersection of individual values and business decisions.
3. Personal Moral Code: Definition & Examples
Everyone has a personal moral code: The rules they personally live by and believe to be morally right and sound. Each moral code is different and may not actually be legally sound, but according to the person's values, it is moral.
4. Moral Compass & Intelligence in Ethical Decision-Making in Business
Personal values play an integral role in how leaders make ethical decisions in their businesses and organizations. This lesson explorers how personal values are transformed into ethical business decisions.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Business 108: Business Ethics course
- Introduction to Business Ethics
- Employees, Stockholders, & Corporate Governance
- The Relationship Between Business, Government & Society
- Public Relations for Business
- Diversity in the Workforce
- Business-Government Relations
- Business' Influence on the Political Environment
- Corporate Social Responsibility & Citizenship
- Business & the Community
- The Media's Impact on Business
- Consumer Rights & Regulations
- Ethics in Advertising
- Strategies of Special Interest Groups
- Technology, Business, & Society
- Environmental Issues in Business
- The Global Business Environment
- Studying for Business 108