About This Chapter
Influences on Business Decision Making - Chapter Summary
Our professional instructors take your employees through the factors and influences that can impact or shape decision making in businesses. Those who watch the video lessons in this chapter will learn about the following:
- Types of business skills supportive of good decision making
- Ethical considerations in business decisions
- How the conflict process can help alleviate workplace disagreements
Typically taking less than 10 minutes to watch, each of the videos in this chapter break down key concepts and apply them to realistic scenarios to aid comprehension. The lessons each come with a quiz, and employees' knowledge of the material can also be assessed through the chapter exam.
How It Helps
- Identifies key skills: With this chapter, employees examine the essential business skills needed to make good decisions that benefit the company.
- Reduces workplace friction: By studying the conflict process, employees improve their ability to effectively handle, minimize and alleviate disagreements within your organization.
- Emphasizes ethical practices: Our instructors guide employees through the process of considering options and formulating sound decisions that support your company's ethical practices and culture.
After finishing the chapter's video lessons, your employees should be able to:
- Describe business skills useful in decision making
- Consider the ethical dimension to business problems and decisions
- Identify and describe the five steps of the conflict management process
1. Business Skills for Effective Decision Making
In this lesson, we'll introduce and review several key business skills. These skills are necessary in order for individuals and organizations to develop effective decision making techniques.
2. Practical Application: Assessing Skills for Making Effective Business Decisions
There are certain types of business skills that can bolster a person's ability to make good business decisions. Take this self-assessment to gauge your skills and reflect on what you can do to become a better business decision-maker.
3. Ethical Decision Making
We have to make decisions every day, and many of these decisions have an ethical dimension. In this lesson, you'll learn about ethical decision-making and a process you can use to make ethically sound decisions. A short quiz follows.
4. What is the Conflict Process? - Definition and Stages
The conflict process deals with five steps that help alleviate disagreement, problems or fighting within organizations. The five steps are potential opposition or incompatibility, cognition and personalization, intentions, behavior and outcomes.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.