About This Chapter
Information Security & Protection - Chapter Summary
This chapter will use brief lessons to help you review subjects like types of cyber crimes and intellectual property rights. Once you've finished them, take the quizzes at the end of the lessons to get an idea of how much progress you're making. You can find the following additional subjects in this chapter:
- Definition of security management
- Purpose of database administration
- Meaning of copyright infringement
The lessons in this chapter are led by our expert instructors. You can move through the lessons and accompanying quizzes at your own pace. If you have any questions about any of the covered content, send them to the instructors by visiting the Help tab.
1. What is Security Management? - Systems & Applications
Information technology (IT) security breaches are becoming more and more common these days. In this lesson, you'll learn about IT security management as it applies to systems and applications.
2. Database Administration and Security: Definition and Purpose
A database administrator, or DBA, plays a critical role in managing the databases of an organization. Learn about the various roles of a DBA and the tools used to keep data safe and secure.
3. What is Copyright Infringement? - Understanding Copyright Law
Copyright is a type of intellectual property right that protects certain original works. Copyright laws work to provide authors with exclusive rights to their works. Any unauthorized use could amount to copyright infringement. This lesson explains copyright law and copyright infringement.
4. What is Intellectual Property Law? - Definition and Rights
Intellectual property is a broad term that applies to many different types of original creations. Businesses use intellectual property law to protect innovative and marketable works created in someone's mind. This lesson explains this special type of property law.
5. What Is Cyber Crime? - Definition, Types & Examples
In this lesson, we will learn about cyber crimes. We will look at what these crimes are and what they mean. Then, we will take a closer look at some specific examples.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the GACE Business Education (542): Practice & Study Guide course
- Ethics in Business
- Understanding Contract Law
- Government Regulation of Business
- The Ethics of Advertising, Marketing & Privacy
- Property Law Basics
- Employment Law
- Collective Bargaining & Unions
- Workplace Communication
- The Central Bank & Monetary Policy
- Economic & Political Systems
- Basics of Economics & Finance
- Economic Indicators
- Fiscal & Monetary Policies in Economics
- International Trade Laws & Regulations
- Financial Management & Planning
- Fundamentals of Money & Banking
- Principles of Personal Finance
- Securities Market Basics
- Creditors' Rights in Business Law
- Negotiable Instruments
- Insurance & Managing Risk
- Business Planning & Organizational Design
- Organizational & Group Behaviors in Business Management
- Management Styles & Theory
- Leadership and Management
- Motivation in Business Management
- Strategic Decision Making & Problem Solving
- Work Groups & Teams
- Human Resources Basics
- Employee Benefits
- Production & Operations Management
- Computation in Business
- Basic Statistical Analysis for Business
- Quantitative Analysis in Business
- Accounting Fundamentals
- Customer Relationship Strategies & Maintenance
- Starting a New Business
- E-Commerce Business Models
- Use of Information Systems in Business
- Business Software
- Network Systems Technology Overview
- Career & Professional Development in Business
- GACE Business Education Flashcards