About This Chapter
Information Systems Application & Impact - Chapter Summary
This mobile-friendly information systems chapter discusses the applications and impact of information systems in the modern world. Our expert instructors examine topics like e-commerce, m-commerce, business intelligence and current trends in information systems. Each lesson comes with a short quiz to help you check your understanding of these information systems concepts. Work through the chapter at your own pace, and be sure to submit questions to our instructors if you need any extra help. When you're finished with the chapter, you should be able to:
- Compare e-commerce and m-commerce
- Understand how business intelligence (BI) teams organize, categorize and access data
- Outline the systems development process
- Evaluate the roles and responsibilities of information technology teams
- Assess global issues and emerging trends related to information systems
1. e-commerce & m-commerce: Buying & Selling on the Web & Mobile Devices
E-commerce and m-commerce have transformed the way that organizations and consumers conduct business. Additional topics discussed in this lesson include B2B, B2C, C2C, and e-government.
2. Business Intelligence (BI): Organizing, Categorizing and Accessing Data
Business Intelligence uses specialized information systems to gain a competitive edge in the marketplace. Learn about some of the specific tools used in Business Intelligence.
3. Systems Development Process: Overview & Impacts
In this lesson, we will examine the system development process. We go through the basic steps or phases most system development processes go thru and see how the variation in models impacts the organization.
4. Information Technology: Roles & Responsibilities
In this lesson we will look at the general function of IT within an organization. We will examine the collaborative roles and responsibilities of the IT Team in relation to organizations information systems.
5. Information Systems: Global Issues & Emerging Trends
In this lesson, we'll take a look at information systems, what they are, global issues associated with them, and emerging trends for dealing with these issues.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the UExcel Business Information Systems: Study Guide & Test Prep course
- Introduction to Business Information Systems
- Computer-Based Information System Components
- Information Systems Hardware
- Information Systems Software Programs
- Information Systems Software Applications
- Data Management in Information Systems
- Networking & Systems Technology
- Internet, Intranet, & Extranet
- Virtualization for Business
- Electronic & Mobile Commerce
- Enterprise Systems for Business
- Decision Making & Specialized Information Systems
- Systems Development Components & Lifecycle
- Personal & Social Impact of Computers
- UExcel Business Information Systems Flashcards