About This Chapter
How it works:
- Begin your assignment or other information systems and computer applications work.
- Identify the organizational information systems concepts that you're stuck on.
- Find fun videos on the topics you need to understand.
- Press play, watch and learn!
- Complete the quizzes to test your understanding.
- As needed, submit a question to one of our instructors for personalized support.
Who's it for?
This chapter of our college information systems and computer applications tutoring solution will benefit any student who is trying to learn information systems in organizations and earn better grades. This resource can help students including those who:
- Struggle with understanding input, processing, output, feedback or any other information systems in organizations topic
- Have limited time for studying
- Want a cost effective way to supplement their business learning
- Prefer learning business topics visually
- Find themselves failing or close to failing their information systems in organizations unit
- Cope with ADD or ADHD
- Want to get ahead in information systems and computer applications
- Don't have access to their business teacher outside of class
Why it works:
- Engaging Tutors: We make learning information systems in organizations simple and fun.
- Cost Efficient: For less than 20% of the cost of a private tutor, you'll have unlimited access 24/7.
- Consistent High Quality: Unlike a live information systems and computer applications tutor, these video lessons are thoroughly reviewed.
- Convenient: Imagine a tutor as portable as your laptop, tablet or smartphone. Learn information systems in organizations on the go!
- Learn at Your Pace: You can pause and rewatch lessons as often as you'd like, until you master the material.
- Define information systems.
- Become familiar with the four components of information systems.
- Identify the five major information systems resources.
- Discuss information systems career options.
- Learn how business strategies that involve information systems provide market advantages.
1. What Is an Information System?
Information systems are an integral part of businesses. But what, exactly, is an information system? In this lesson, we'll define information systems and then examine the three main components of an information system.
2. Input, Processing, Output & Feedback: Information System Components
What are the components that really make an information system work? In this lesson, we'll explore IPOS (input, process, output and storage) and how this system works.
3. Information Systems Resources: Networks, Hardware, Software, Data & People
What are the resources an information system needs? Discover how networks, hardware, software, data and people work together to create usable information.
4. Information Systems Jobs & Career Options
In this lesson, we'll give an overview of some of the careers in the information systems and technology fields. You have options, so let's explore them.
5. Business Strategies: Market Advantages Provided by Information Systems
What business strategies might an information system use? We'll take a look at the concepts of business process modeling, process re-engineering, total quality management and competitive advantage and see how they relate to information systems.
6. Bell-LaPadula: Model & Example
In this lesson, we will cover the Bell-LaPadula model, which is a multilevel security system. This system uses classification levels in conjunction with a users security clearance level in order to prevent information being leaked or mishandled.
7. What is Business Process Modeling (BPM)? - Definition, Notation & Examples
In this lesson, we'll describe what a business process is and how a business process is analyzed and refined when necessary. We will also view examples of various BPMN analytic tools including flowcharts, data flow diagrams, and Gantt charts.
8. What is Cloud Computing? - Definition, Advantages & Disadvantages
In this lesson, we'll look at cloud computing, which is an area of computer technology focused on providing computer services over the Internet. Following the lesson, you can take a quiz.
9. What is Cloud Storage? - Definition & Concept
Cloud Storage is networked storage, or disk space, available over a specific network - the Internet. In this lesson, learn what Cloud storage allows you to do as well as how it is installed.
10. Fundamental Principles of Accounting Information Systems
In this lesson, you will learn the importance of accounting information systems. You will also learn the five basic principles behind a good accounting information system.
11. Accounting Information System: Types, Uses & Examples
In this lesson you will learn about the basic features of accounting information systems including journals and subsidiary ledgers. You will also learn about the more advanced ERP and CRM systems.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Information Systems: Tutoring Solution course
- Hardware and Systems Technology: Tutoring Solution
- Systems Software and Application Software: Tutoring Solution
- Internet, Intranet, and Extranet: Tutoring Solution
- Network Systems Technology: Tutoring Solution
- Enterprise Business Systems: Tutoring Solution
- Decision Support Systems: Tutoring Solution
- Systems Development: Tutoring Solution
- Data Management: Tutoring Solution
- Business, Social, and Ethical Implications and Issues: Tutoring Solution
- Introduction to Programming: Tutoring Solution
- Data Visualization & Programming Languages
- Data Visualization & Binding
- Displaying Visualization Data