About This Chapter
Information Systems Software Applications - Chapter Summary
Follow along with our expert instructors to review information systems software applications. As you work through the chapter, you'll examine the applications of personal, enterprise and workgroup software. These lessons are designed to highlight important definitions and explain concepts in an engaging manner. Take the accompanying self-assessment quizzes to check your understanding of these software applications. Feel free to reach out to our instructors if you have any questions. When you're finished, you should be able to:
- Evaluate personal, enterprise and workgroup application software
- Describe personal application software in educational, legal, real estate, financial and architectural contexts
- Identify types of workgroup application software for business teams
- Understand how mobile apps are developed and managed
1. Application Software for Personal, Enterprise & Workgroup Objectives
Application software is a computer program to carry out a specific task. Learn about the different types of applications at the individual, workgroup and enterprise level.
2. Personal Application Software: Educational, Real Estate, Legal, Finance & Architectural
Specialized software applications have been developed for different areas. Learn about the software being used by educators, real estate agents, lawyers, accountants and architects.
3. Workgroup Application Software for Business Teams
Many activities in organizations are carried out by workgroups. Learn about specialized workgroup software that makes it easier for members to communicate and collaborate more effectively in this video lesson.
4. Mobile App: Definition, Development & Management
In this lesson, we'll take a look at mobile applications, what they are, development and creation characteristics, and mobile application management (MAM).
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the UExcel Business Information Systems: Study Guide & Test Prep course
- Introduction to Business Information Systems
- Computer-Based Information System Components
- Information Systems Application & Impact
- Information Systems Hardware
- Information Systems Software Programs
- Data Management in Information Systems
- Networking & Systems Technology
- Internet, Intranet, & Extranet
- Virtualization for Business
- Electronic & Mobile Commerce
- Enterprise Systems for Business
- Decision Making & Specialized Information Systems
- Systems Development Components & Lifecycle
- Personal & Social Impact of Computers
- UExcel Business Information Systems Flashcards