About This Chapter
Below is a sample breakdown of the Information Technology Implications chapter into a 5-day school week. Based on the pace of your course, you may need to adapt the lesson plan to fit your needs.
|Day||Topics||Key Terms and Concepts Covered|
|Monday|| IT's impact on the economy|
|Overview of e-commerce, globalization, information privacy issues|
Issues regarding private information, electronic surveillance, identity theft, cookies
|Tuesday|| Intellectual property and open source software|
How e-commerce and m-commerce related to consumer fraud and privacy
|Ownership issues regarding digital property|
Consumer privacy and fraud, privacy policies
|Wednesday||Ergonomics, telecommuting, virtual teams and job design||Ways technology has changed the working environment|
|Thursday||Globalization, outsourcing and insourcing||How technology has impacted careers|
|Friday||Computer security and threat prevention||Ways organizations and people can protect their information and protect their computer systems|
1. Information Technology: Impact on the Economy
2. Impact of Technology on Privacy
Technology has a number of social and ethical implications that cause debate and concern. One specific issue is privacy. Information technology has opened up society and decreased privacy. This lesson will explore a number of privacy issues that are of concern, including electronic surveillance, availability of personal information, cookies and spyware, and workplace monitoring.
3. Intellectual Property and Open Source Software: Issues and Concerns
One of the defining issues of the Internet era is intellectual property rights. The Internet has made it easy to access digital media and illegally copy it. This lesson will discuss intellectual property including protections through copyrights, trademarks and patents. We will also explore the open source movement and the growing trend toward free, unprotected software.
4. Impact of e-Commerce and m-Commerce on Consumer Privacy and Fraud
There are a number of challenges in the world of e-commerce and m-commerce stemming from the ease of information exchange over the Internet. The issues discussed in this lesson include consumer privacy and fraud.
5. Ergonomics, Telecommuting, Virtual Teams & Job Design: Technology Effects on Careers
This lesson explores the impact of information technology on job design, teamwork, health and safety and how we commute to work. Specific topics discussed are telecommuting, virtual teams, job design and ergonomics.
6. Globalization, Outsourcing & Insourcing: Impact of Technology on Careers
This lesson discusses the impact information technology has on careers. Globalization has been driven by advances in technology and has impacted job security and wages. We will specifically look at downsizing, insourcing and outsourcing.
7. Globalization Lesson Plan
This lesson plan focuses on various aspects of globalization to help students understand it via an activity, discussion topics and questions, extension, reading, and homework.
8. Computer Security & Threat Prevention for Individuals & Organizations
Computer security and threat prevention is essential for individuals and organizations. Effective security measures can reduce errors, fraud, and losses. This lesson will explore unintentional threats and intentional threats. Various security measures and defenses will be explored, including encryption, firewalls, anti-virus, anti-spyware, passwords, back-ups, and biometric security.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Intro to Business Syllabus Resource & Lesson Plans course
- The Dynamic Business Environment Lesson Plans
- Ethical Behavior in Business Lesson Plans
- Economics & Business Lesson Plans
- Global Markets & Trade Lesson Plans
- Business Ownership Types Lesson Plans
- Entrepreneurship & Small Business Lesson Plans
- Managing & Leading in Business Lesson Plans
- Business Leadership Styles Lesson Plans
- Organizational Management Lesson Plans
- Business Production & Operations Lesson Plans
- Workplace Productivity & Motivation Lesson Plans
- Human Resources Basics Lesson Plans
- The Employer-Worker Relationship Lesson Plans
- Business Marketing Basics Lesson Plans
- Product Development & Retailing Lesson Plans
- Supply Chain Management Lesson Plans
- Pricing Strategy in Marketing Lesson Plans
- Product Promotion Lesson Plans
- MIS Basics Lesson Plans
- Risk Management in Business Lesson Plans
- Accounting Basics Lesson Plans
- Financial Management Lesson Plans
- Securities Markets & Business Lesson Plans
- Money & Financial Institutions Lesson Plans