About This Chapter
Below is a sample breakdown of the Information Technology Implications chapter into a 5-day school week. Based on the pace of your course, you may need to adapt the lesson plan to fit your needs.
|Day||Topics||Key Terms and Concepts Covered|
|Monday|| IT's impact on the economy|
|Overview of e-commerce, globalization, information privacy issues|
Issues regarding private information, electronic surveillance, identity theft, cookies
|Tuesday|| Intellectual property and open source software|
How e-commerce and m-commerce related to consumer fraud and privacy
|Ownership issues regarding digital property|
Consumer privacy and fraud, privacy policies
|Wednesday||Ergonomics, telecommuting, virtual teams and job design||Ways technology has changed the working environment|
|Thursday||Globalization, outsourcing and insourcing||How technology has impacted careers|
|Friday||Computer security and threat prevention||Ways organizations and people can protect their information and protect their computer systems|
1. Information Technology: Impact on the Economy
Information technology impacts the economy through e-commerce, redefined organizational boundaries, marketing, privacy, globalization, job redesign, and security. Explore the definitions of these terms and how they affect business and the economy.
2. Impact of Technology on Privacy
With the advancement of information technology, finding people's personal information and getting access to their privacy has become relatively easy. Explore the impact of technology on privacy and discover some privacy issues relevant nowadays, including electronic surveillance, availability of personal information, cookies and spyware, and workplace monitoring.
3. Intellectual Property and Open Source Software: Issues and Concerns
Some of the issues with the advent of the internet include protecting intellectual property rights and open-source software. Learn about intellectual property issues and concerns, explore differences between copyrights, patents, and trademarks, and discover the concerns with open-source software.
4. Impact of e-Commerce and m-Commerce on Consumer Privacy and Fraud
Challenges in the world of e-commerce and m-commerce involve consumer privacy and fraud. Learn the difference between e-commerce and m-commerce, how personal information is collected through technology, and the effects of fraud and identity theft.
5. Ergonomics, Telecommuting, Virtual Teams & Job Design: Technology Effects on Careers
Information technology has impacted job design, teamwork, health and safety, and how people commute to work, or not. Learn about the ways that jobs have been redesigned, explore telecommuting, virtual teams, and technology effects on careers, and also learn how ergonomics helps to reduce computer-related health issues.
6. Globalization, Outsourcing & Insourcing: Impact of Technology on Careers
The impact of technology on careers includes globalization, outsourcing, and insourcing. Learn how globalization affects businesses, define downsizing, and consider the advantages and disadvantages of outsourcing and insourcing.
7. Globalization Lesson Plan
This lesson plan focuses on various aspects of globalization to help students understand it via an activity, discussion topics and questions, extension, reading, and homework.
8. Computer Security & Threat Prevention for Individuals & Organizations
Computer security and threat prevention are essential for individuals and organizations to reduce errors, fraud, and losses. Learn about different types of threats, and explore some security measures to prevent them, including encryption, firewalls, anti-virus, anti-spyware, among others.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 220 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Other chapters within the Intro to Business Syllabus Resource & Lesson Plans course
- The Dynamic Business Environment Lesson Plans
- Ethical Behavior in Business Lesson Plans
- Economics & Business Lesson Plans
- Global Markets & Trade Lesson Plans
- Business Ownership Types Lesson Plans
- Entrepreneurship & Small Business Lesson Plans
- Managing & Leading in Business Lesson Plans
- Business Leadership Styles Lesson Plans
- Organizational Management Lesson Plans
- Business Production & Operations Lesson Plans
- Workplace Productivity & Motivation Lesson Plans
- Human Resources Basics Lesson Plans
- The Employer-Worker Relationship Lesson Plans
- Business Marketing Basics Lesson Plans
- Product Development & Retailing Lesson Plans
- Supply Chain Management Lesson Plans
- Pricing Strategy in Marketing Lesson Plans
- Product Promotion Lesson Plans
- MIS Basics Lesson Plans
- Risk Management in Business Lesson Plans
- Accounting Basics Lesson Plans
- Financial Management Lesson Plans
- Securities Markets & Business Lesson Plans
- Money & Financial Institutions Lesson Plans