About This Chapter
Insect Adaptations for Elementary School - Chapter Summary
Help your elementary school students learn about insect adaptations with this series of short and kid-friendly lessons. Our expert instructors explain bee, butterfly, spider, scorpion and dragonfly adaptations in a way that's easy for younger students to understand and remember. You can also check your students' comprehension of the material by having them complete the lesson quizzes and chapter exam.
Students will study adaptations for the following types of insects:
Who It's For
Kids who need extra help learning about insect adaptations will benefit from the lessons in this chapter. There's no faster or easier way to learn about insect adaptations.
- Students who have fallen behind in understanding adaptations for different types of insects
- Students who have learning disabilities or need a little extra help learning about insect adaptations
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning about science (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class and need to catch up
- Students who need an efficient and convenient way to learn about insect adaptations
- Students who struggle to understand their science teachers
- Students who attend schools without extra science resources
How It Works
- Find lessons in the chapter that cover the insect adaptation topics your student needs to learn or review.
- Press play to watch the video lesson with your student or read through the text lesson.
- Refer to the video transcripts and highlighted vocab words to reinforce learning about insect adaptations.
- Test your student's understanding of each lesson with short quizzes.
- Verify your student understands insect adaptations by completing the Insect Adaptations for Elementary School chapter exam.
1. Bee Adaptations: Lesson for Kids
Bees are some of the most active insects in the world. That's where we get the phrase 'busy as a bee!' Come and learn about some of their adaptations in this lesson.
2. Butterfly Adaptations: Lesson for Kids
This lesson talks about the adaptations butterflies use to stay warm, keep cool, and scare off predators. Find out about butterflies' amazing tools and how they use their wings for much more than just flying!
3. Spider Adaptations: Lesson for Kids
Creepy crawly spiders are everywhere! How can they survive in almost any habitat? In this lesson, discover these amazing creatures and the adaptations that help them thrive.
4. Insect Adaptations: Lesson for Kids
Insects have developed many adaptations that help them survive and thrive despite their small size. Learn about the different features of insects that allow them to stay safe, hide, fly, jump, chew, slurp, and have huge families!
5. Scorpion Adaptations: Lesson for Kids
They are tiny, stealthy, have a hard armor protecting them and can cause you pain in a split second. Read about scorpions and their adaptations that allow them to survive harsh environments.
6. Dragonfly Adaptations: Lesson for Kids
Dragonflies are one of the oldest insects on Earth. This lesson explains how dragonflies have used certain adaptations to allow them to survive for millions of years.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Adaptations for Kids course