About This Chapter
Inspiring & Motivating Teams - Chapter Summary
Our instructive chapter covers topics related to inspiring and motivating teams. Your team members can examine lessons on team building and participation, team conflict and encouraging teams to embrace change. Quizzes are included for use as extra study tools.
How It Helps
- Provides knowledge: Your employees will study de Bono's six thinking hats, tips to encourage team building and adaptive team leadership.
- Teaches all levels of employees: Use this chapter for new hire training, seminars and meetings or with specific team members.
- Encourages team-building: When you utilize this chapter with your employees, it builds strong, unified teams who work well together.
This chapter is designed to help your team members:
- Outline the importance of team building and participation
- Summarize de Bono's six thinking hats
- Encourage teams to embrace change
- Understand the impact of rewarding team members
- Discuss team conflict and the work process
- Define adaptive team leadership and implement its strategies
1. Team Building & Participation: Importance, Tips & Tools
This lesson will start out by defining team building. Then, we'll go over the importance of team building before finishing up with some examples of fun team building exercises.
2. de Bono's Six Thinking Hats: Summary & Examples
Communicating in team meetings can be extremely challenging. This lesson discusses how de Bono's six thinking hats can help guide your team's creative thinking with fewer conflicts.
3. Encouraging Teams to Embrace Change
This lesson goes over some ways by which leaders can encourage teams to embrace change. We'll also cover why change may occur and the benefits thereof.
4. Impact of Rewarding Team Members
Everyone likes a good reward! This includes team members at work. Find out how they can be rewarded and some nuances regarding this with respect to rewarding teams vs. individual team members.
5. Team Conflict and the Work Process
Conflict is inevitable in groups, which is why managers must understand it. In this lesson you will learn about the reasons why teams may encounter conflict while working together.
6. Adaptive Team Leadership: Definition & Strategies
This lesson will define the concept of adaptive leadership and go over some of the numerous strategies leaders can use, including encouraging continuing education, embracing diversity, and more.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.