About This Chapter
Instructional Resources for Computer Science Teachers - Chapter Summary
Our expert instructors have created engaging lessons that closely examine different instructional resources for computer science teachers. Use this chapter to study the basics of computer science curriculum, lifelong learning, different learning styles and more. By the end of this chapter, you will be able to:
- List strategies and tips for teaching computer science
- Discuss the development and instruction of computer science curriculum
- Detail strategies for educating students with special needs
- Share teaching tips for multiple intelligences and learning styles
- Explain why assessments are important in education
- Describe how assessments can be used and misused in the classroom
- Define and share the benefits of lifelong learning
Enjoy the ability to tailor your study of this chapter to your personal study needs. Access any number of lessons, review them in any order, and visit them as many times as you'd prefer. Before or after examining the lessons, feel free to assess your comprehension of these computer science instruction topics by taking short quizzes. To get a well-rounded review of this chapter, be sure to take the practice exam.
1. Teaching Computer Science: Strategies & Tips
We've all heard the words computer science, but do we really know what teaching it means? This lesson will bring you up to date on current strategies for teaching computer science and offer some tips of the trade.
2. Computer Science Curriculum: Development & Instruction
In this lesson, we'll take a look at a computer science curriculum, the features of a K-12 computer curriculum and college computer science curriculum, and how the roles and responsibilities of computer science teachers change over time.
3. Educating Students with Special Needs
In this lesson, we will explore how to educate students with special needs. We will specifically address how the educational needs of these students are best served if they are in a mainstream classroom being taught alongside their peers.
4. Multiple Intelligences & Learning Styles: Teaching Tips
Your classroom is likely to be filled with students who learn in very different ways. This lesson will introduce the concept of multiple intelligences and learning styles and offer tips for teaching students in this way.
5. The Importance of Assessment in Education
Assessment is a critical piece of the learning process. This lesson gives an overview of assessment, why it benefits both teachers and students, and the three most common forms of assessment.
6. Use and Misuse of Assessments in the Classroom
Assessments are excellent tools in the classroom. Used properly, they provide invaluable information about student knowledge and progress. However, if misused, assessments can misrepresent the actual knowledge and learning taking place in the classroom. This lesson will discuss the use and misuse of standardized assessments.
7. What Is Lifelong Learning? - Definition & Benefits
In this lesson, you'll learn the definition of lifelong learning, as well as several of the benefits that come with it. Additionally, you'll see examples of how lifelong learning positively impacts everyday life.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the MTTC Computer Science (050): Practice & Study Guide course
- History & Social Impacts of Computing
- Hardware & Systems Technology
- Computer Science Systems Software
- Computer Science Application Software
- Computer Science & The Internet
- Basics of Network Systems Technology
- Telecommunications & Information Access Resources
- Computer Science Technology in the Classroom
- Computer Science Multimedia Resources
- Data, Storage & Algorithms
- Basics of Computer Programming
- Programming Design, Verification & Language
- MTTC Computer Science Flashcards