About This Chapter
Instructional Strategies for Science- Chapter Summary
There are various branches of Science, which involve different concepts while teaching children. This chapter is designed to provide instructional strategies for the various branches of Science to young children, especially during their early childhood. The topics covered in this chapter are listed below:
- Teaching Strategies
- Instructional strategies for Science
- Selecting resources for teaching Science
- Teaching Science Concepts in early childhood
- Teaching Earth and space science concepts
- Technology in Science classroom
In this chapter, you will gain expertise in teaching the concepts along with instructional strategies for Science to the children. Our experts have provided various videos also to explain the topics in an interesting way. You can learn any topic of your choice and answer the quizzes provided in the chapter to check your knowledge. You also get a dashboard for quick and easy access to any topic.
1. Teaching Strategies for Elementary Science
Science can be a young student's favorite subject with the right method. Make science fun with teaching strategies for elementary science that include group work, using the internet and television, and the STEM approach.
2. Instructional Strategies for Science Lessons
Having the skills to read science texts is vital to students' success. How can teachers plan instruction so all students learn scientific concepts? This lesson will teach instructional strategies for all learners.
3. Providing an Inquiry-Based Science Environment
Inquiry-based science environments are characterized by student experimentation and analysis, not just observation. Identify the ways to create this environment, and how to accommodate for barriers in language and ability.
4. Selecting Resources for Teaching Science to Young Children
Teaching children science is a fun yet challenging task that requires many different types of resources. Here we will describe how to select good resources and plan science lessons for young children. At the end, you can test your knowledge with a quiz.
5. Teaching Life Science Concepts in Early Childhood
In this lesson, you will learn about the strategies, activities, teaching materials, tools, and technology that can be used to teach elementary students about life science.
6. Teaching Ecology & Environmental Science Concepts in Early Childhood
When students learn about ecology and environmental science, they begin to appreciate the world better. This lesson explains the background, strategies, and activities used to teach the concepts.
7. Teaching Earth & Space Science Concepts in Early Childhood
Ready to launch your students' minds into space and beyond!? This lesson covers the methods, strategies, and activities for early childhood learning in earth and space science.
8. Teaching Physics & Chemistry Concepts in Early Childhood
Science can be confusing, especially when teaching important physics and chemistry concepts to younger students. In this lesson, we discuss some concepts, strategies, and activities to help with this challenge.
9. Differentiated Instruction in Science
In this lesson, we'll explain what differentiated instruction is in science. We'll look at explicit strategies to differentiate content for a classroom of regular education students and students with mild to moderate disabilities.
10. Technology in the Science Classroom
There are several different ways in which teachers can include technology in the science classroom for educational purposes. Learn to integrate digital tools in the science classroom, discover how technology helps with data collection, and explore how technology can help students become good digital citizens.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 220 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Other chapters within the ILTS Elementary Education (Grades 1-6) (197-200, 305): Practice & Study Guide course
- About the ILTS Exams
- Foundations of Literacy
- Language Features & Acquisition
- Selecting Materials for Literacy Instruction
- Developing Emergent Literacy Skills
- Literacy Assessment & Differentiation
- Phonological & Phonemic Awareness
- Decoding & Fluency Teaching Strategies
- Language & Reading Comprehension
- Vocabulary Acquisition & Use
- Reading Comprehension Instructional Strategies
- Analyzing Literary & Informational Texts
- Instructional Strategies for Literary & Text Analysis
- English Grammar Writing Conventions
- Writing Instruction & Feedback
- Instructional Strategies for Different Types of Writing
- Strategies for Teaching Speaking & Listening Skills
- Mathematical Development & Curriculum
- Teaching Counting, Cardinality, Numbers & Operations
- Fraction Operations
- Teaching Operations & Algebraic Thinking
- Overview of Concepts in Algebra
- Principles of Operations & Algebraic Thinking
- Properties & Operations of Functions
- Geometry Concepts
- Data Distribution & Graphs
- Permutation & Combination
- Interpreting Statistical & Probability Data
- Measurement & Data
- Scientific Models & Relationships
- Scientific Inquiry & Lab Safety
- Evaluating Scientific Information
- Fundamental Concepts of Physical Science
- Fundamentals of Life Science
- Fundamentals of Earth & Space Science
- Overview of Government & Citizenship
- Economics & Political Concepts
- Overview of History & Cultural Development for Illinois Educators
- Fundamentals of Human Geography for Illinois Educators
- Overview of the Arts for Educators
- Overview of Physical Education
- Human Body Systems & Fitness
- Personal, Family & Community Health
- Illinois Learning Standards
- ILTS Elementary Education (Grades 1-6) Flashcards