About This Chapter
1. Integrating Social Science Content into the Curriculum
This lesson provides information for teachers interested in integrating social science content into their curriculum. Any social studies teacher of students in primary or secondary education may find this information useful in creating lesson plans and activities.
2. Illinois Common Core Social Studies Standards
Social studies provide students with a broad look into the world of human interaction and helps develop important skills. While the Common Core doesn't encompass social studies in Illinois, the state's standards provide pivotal structure to its social studies programs. Read on to learn more.
3. Basics of History Instruction: Strategies & Examples
In this lesson, we explore history instruction and some of the techniques and activities that can help your students better engage with the material, develop critical thinking skills, and understand key concepts.
4. Teaching Kids Government & Economics: Strategies & Activities
The ideas and concepts behind government and economics can be made accessible even to young learners. This lesson will detail some strategies and activities you can use to introduce these concepts to your students.
5. Teaching Children Geography: Strategies & Tools
Geography can be an interesting subject to teach and learn. This lesson will provide some strategies and tools you can use to engage your young students in Geography.
6. Differentiated Instructional Strategies for Social Studies
In this lesson, teachers will learn some methods for differentiating instruction for students in social studies class. The strategies presented are applicable to a variety of age and grade levels, and they can be adapted to meet the needs of all learners.
7. Strategies for Teaching Social Studies to Special Needs Students
Stop here for fun and engaging teaching strategies to increase academic achievement for students with intellectual disabilities! Specifically, we'll explore strategies for teaching social studies in a classroom that serves students with special needs.
8. Social Studies Instruction: Selecting Resources & Assessments
In this lesson, we will learn how to supplement the social studies textbook with other materials, such as technology resources, books, videos, and other sources that give students a well-rounded perspective.
9. Using Technology in the History Classroom
This lesson discusses why the use of technology in history classrooms is important. It also discusses how teachers can use technology while teaching the class as a whole and how they can incorporate technology when students are in small groups.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the ILTS Special Education General Curriculum Test (163): Practice & Study Guide course
- Literacy & the Reading Process
- Word Analysis Methods
- Instructional Strategies for Vocabulary Development
- Overview of Reading Comprehension Strategies
- Literature & Literacy Development
- Reading Assessment Methods
- Reading Instruction for Students with Reading Deficits
- Number Sense & Numeration
- Algebra & Geometry Basics
- Measurement, Statistics & Probability
- Math Instructional Strategies
- Instruction for Students with Math Deficits
- Life & Environmental Science Basics
- Overview of Physical Science
- Overview of Earth & Space Science
- Science Instructional Strategies
- Basics of Government, Civics & Economics
- Overview of Major Historical Events
- Understanding Geography
- ILTS Special Education General Curriculum Test Flashcards