About This Chapter
Integrated Marketing Communications Overview - Chapter Summary
Get a high-level overview of integrated marketing communications with this collection of marketing lessons. The chapter's expert instructors help you define and evaluate integrated marketing communication, as well niche marketing strategies, interactive marketing vehicles, channels and metrics. These lessons can be studied on any computer or mobile device, and the chapter comes with interactive self-assessments to help you check your understanding of the material. By the end of the chapter, you should be equipped to:
- Identify emerging channels for integrated marketing communication
- Evaluate the advantages and disadvantages of interactive marketing vehicles
- Understand how integrated marketing communication relates to social media
- Define the concept of a niche marketing strategy
- See how integrated marketing communication fits into a marketing plan
- Interpret metrics for integrated marketing communication
1. Emerging Integrated Marketing Communication Channels
There are a myriad of channels today through which marketers can reach their audience. In this lesson, you'll learn about some new and emerging channels and how they can be linked with traditional channels.
2. Interactive Marketing Vehicles: Types, Pros & Cons
Interactive marketing is a great way to engage with your audience. In this lesson, you'll learn about various types of interactive marketing vehicles and their advantages and disadvantages.
3. Integrated Marketing Communication & Social Media
In this lesson, we will identify what integrated marketing communication (IMC) is and how businesses can use it effectively. We will also take a look at how social media can be utilized in an IMC plan.
4. Niche Strategy in Marketing: Definition & Concept
While some companies want to conquer the world, some just want a piece of it. In this lesson, you'll learn about niche strategy in marketing. You'll examine the different guidelines for getting into niche marketing and look at an example.
5. Integrated Marketing Communication and the Marketing Plan
In order to compete in today's difficult market, a marketing manager must create not just a promotional mix, but an integrated marketing communications plan. This is a coordinating plan of promotional messages for a product to ensure consistency. The product's promotional message should be consistent and create an overall integrated theme.
6. Integrated Marketing Communication Metrics
Measuring the success of your marketing efforts is crucial to understanding how your plan is performing. In this lesson, you'll learn about a variety of marketing metrics used to measure your campaign's success.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the TECEP Introduction to Marketing: Study Guide & Test Prep course
- Overview of Marketing
- Marketing Planning & Strategy
- Market Research & Analysis
- Marketing Environment Basics
- Pricing Strategies in Marketing
- Consumer Behavior, Satisfaction & Loyalty
- Segmentation, Targeting, & Position in Marketing
- Marketing Ethics Basics
- Business Marketing Overview
- Global Business Marketing
- Product & Service Management
- Marketing Channels & Distribution
- Supply Chains & Logistics in Marketing
- Direct Marketing Communications
- Marketing & Social Media
- Personal Selling Communication
- TECEP Introduction to Marketing Flashcards