About This Chapter
Integrating Assistive Technology Across the Curriculum - Chapter Summary
By using this chapter, you will strengthen your ability to use assistive technology effectively in the classroom to the benefit of your students. You will learn how to apply this technology outside the scope of the curriculum and to use it to help students develop other skills. In addition, the strategies taught in this chapter can help you strengthen your classroom management skills. These video lessons will help you learn techniques for:
- Addressing assistive technology needs in student IEPs
- Using assistive technology to manage student behaviors
- Developing strong organizational skills for students through the use of assistive technology
- Enhancing the development of social skills with assistive technology
How It Helps
- Offers effective strategies: Reviews ways to use assistive technology in your classroom and to establish IEP goals for students with disabilities.
- Supports behavior management: Discover ways you can use high- and low-tech assistive technologies to manage the behavior of your students.
- Emphasizes skills development: Learn more about applying assistive technology to help students with disabilities build more confidence, self-esteem and even become more organized.
By the end of this chapter, you will be able to:
- Communicate IEP goals relating to assistive technology
- Address student behavioral issues using various assistive technologies
- Help students use this technology to become better organized
- Apply techniques to use assistive technology to help students build social skills
1. Writing Assistive Technology into IEP Goals
This lesson will help you write IEP goals for assistive technology needs for students who qualify under special education, related services, or supplementary aids and services. Read the rest of this lesson to learn how you can include assistive technology into IEPs.
2. Assistive Technology for Students' Behavior Management
If you have students struggling with behavior management issues, this lesson will come in handy. We will go over the benefits of assistive technology and discuss technology that can be used to improve behavior management in the classroom.
3. Assistive Technology for Students' Organizational Skills
If your students struggle with focus, time management, prioritization, and organization, assistive technology can help. This lesson describes what assistive technology is and how incorporating it into your classroom can help your students.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Assistive Technology in Education course