About This Chapter
Inter-Continental Organizations - Chapter Summary
In this chapter you will have the opportunity to re-familiarize yourself with inter-continental organizations. Recall details about the structure of these groups and their goals by reading through lesson materials. Topics covered in this chapter are as follows:
- Objectives and the history of state organizations in the U.S.
- Events that led to the European Union expansion
- Origins and the purpose for the development of the League of Arab States
- Agendas and history of the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC)
- Records and goals of the African Union
As much as you want and need to study this information for an upcoming exam, you may not have the ability to schedule study sessions on a regular basis. No problem - we built our site specifically for people with busy schedules. That's why we conveniently make all of our materials available to you through an online interface accessible whenever you need it. Plus, we're mobile-friendly, so you get the same materials no matter what device you use.
By the way, even if you only have a short window of time to study, you can still get a lot done. We don't weigh you down with hour-long lectures. Instead, we take every chapter and split it into mini-lessons. Each lesson from start to finish usually takes less than 10 minutes. We can make our lessons so short because we keep the focus tight on a single subject per lesson. You can also clearly see a lesson's topic and decide whether to study or skip it.
1. Organization of American States: History & Goals
Today's lesson will focus on the Organization of American States' (OAS) past and present. The lesson will highlight the OAS's ties to the Cold War, as well as its pursuit of economic prosperity for those living in the Western Hemisphere.
2. European Union Expansion: Events & Timelines
In this lesson, we briefly explore the piecemeal formation of the EU and discuss the nature of the Union today and its role as the political authority for most of Europe.
3. League of Arab States: History & Purpose
One of the most turbulent areas of the world today is the Middle East. In this lesson, you'll learn about the League of Arab States, including its history and role in the Middle East. A short quiz follows.
4. Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC): History & Purpose
Oil is an indispensable and scarce commodity required for energy and modern products. A world without it would look drastically different. In this lesson, you'll learn about the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries, including its history and purpose.
5. The African Union's History & Purpose
There's probably not a place in the world that struggles more than the people and states found on the continent of Africa. In this lesson, you'll learn about the African Union and its efforts to improve Africa. A short quiz follows.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 95 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 2,000 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the MTTC Geography: Practice & Study Guide course
- Geographic Terms & Concepts
- Geographical Tools & Information Systems
- Geographic Investigations
- Geography Instruction
- Earth's Physical Features, Systems & Processes
- Earth's Systems & Natural Processes
- Climate & Atmosphere
- Types of Biomes
- Natural Resources & Consumption
- Land Use
- Human Culture & Settlements
- Populations & Demographics
- Human-Environment Interactions
- Europe's Geography
- African & Middle Eastern Geography
- Geography of South Asia
- East Asian Geography
- Geography of Russia & Central Asia
- Geography of Australia & the Pacific Islands
- North American Geography
- United States Geography
- Geography of Canada
- Caribbean & Central & South American Geography
- Geography & Nation-States in History
- International Treaties, Agreements & Organizations
- Global Conflicts & Cooperation
- History Vocabulary & Concepts
- Historical Research
- American Colonization & Settlement
- American Revolution & Early History
- U.S. Expansion & Reform
- U.S. Civil War
- U.S. Industrialization & Urbanization
- Global Power of the United States
- Great Depression
- American Involvement in World War I & II
- Post-War America
- American Involvement in the Cold War
- Civil Rights Movements
- Contemporary U.S. History
- Ancient Civilizations & Empires
- Classical Civilizations
- Founding & Spread of Major World Religions
- The First Global Age
- Age of Global Revolutions
- World Wars & Unrest
- Global Conflict & Developments Since 1945
- Economics Vocabulary & Concepts
- Political Science Vocabulary & Concepts
- American Government & Politics
- Analyzing Public Policy