About This Chapter
Interaction & Interactive Design- Chapter Summary
Employees can use our helpful online lessons to learn some important facts about both interaction and interactive design, their importance in the workplace and the tools employees will need to know about in order to properly implement them. The instructors of the lessons will provide employees with clear and comprehensive accounts of different topics related to the subject as a whole, such as:
- The patterns, process and tools of interaction design
- The definition and examples of interaction design
- The definition and examples of interactive design
- Interactive web design
The lessons offer complete overviews of both interaction and interactive design, the differences between the two, and the different tools used for each in specific mediums. The chapter also contains practice quiz questions that will be helpful in testing employees' understanding of these topics once they have completed the lessons.
How It Helps
- Builds awareness: Employees will have a much easier time with user experience design training if they have a thorough understanding of both interaction and interactive design.
- Makes distinctions: Working with both interaction and interactive design will be easier if employees understand not only the definitions and functions of each, but the specific differences between the two.
- Instructs usage: Both interaction and interactive design will be easier to work with if employees understand the proper patterns and tools related to each when used in practice.
When employees complete the lessons, they will be able to:
- Identify the patterns and processes of interactive design
- Identify the patterns and processes of interaction design
- Differentiate between interactive and interaction design
- Identify examples of each
- Use relevant tools to implement interaction and interactive design
1. Interaction Design: Patterns, Process & Tools
We interact with everything, so it makes sense that product developers would focus on those interactions. In this lesson, we'll look at interaction design; patterns, process, and some of the tools used.
2. What is Interaction Design? - Definition & Examples
Experience shapes the way we see our world, whether that be through talking with people, or through using objects. In this lesson we'll look at User Experience, and a specific part, Interaction Design.
3. What is Interactive Design? - Examples & Definition
Design is an important process in our world. Because of this, it receives a lot of focus. In this lesson, we'll take a look at design and how an interactive approach affects it.
4. What is Interactive Web Design?
In this lesson, we will look at what Interactive Web Design is all about, the benefits of using the Interactive web design and things to consider when designing one.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.