About This Chapter
Interdisciplinary Nature of Science - Chapter Summary
This chapter connects science to a variety of other subjects with the intent of demonstrating the effect of science within their interaction, going over each of the following topics in a simple-to-follow fashion:
- STEM education
- The influence of science on society
- The effect of science on global culture, politics, and economics
- Science and technology's impact on social ethics
The quizzes included with each lesson can help you make sure you're comprehending the material before you move on. Should you answer incorrectly, these quizzes will provide you with the option of hopping right back to the relevant point of the lesson. When you're through with them, the practice final exam will give you the chance to confirm your knowledge of the entire chapter.
1. What Is STEM Education? - Definition, Importance & Standards
STEM stands for science, technology, engineering, and math. Learn more about what STEM education is, why it is important and explore standards associated with STEM. A short quiz follows the lesson.
2. How Science Has Changed Society
Without science, our modern world just wouldn't be the same. The way we travel, shop, learn, socialize, eat, work, and play is possible because of scientific influences and innovations. Take a look around, and you'll see science pretty much everywhere!
3. Impact of Science on Global Culture
Science is pretty cool, but it's also a pretty powerful force in the modern world. In this lesson, we'll explore the relationship between science and culture throughout human history and see what this means for us today.
4. Impact of Science on Global Politics
In this lesson you'll learn about the contentious relationship between science and global politics. Two pertinent issues, global warming and its effects and the use of embryonic stem cells for research, will be profiled.
5. Impact of Science on Global Economies
Science can have major impacts on our daily lives. In this lesson, we are going to look at the relationship between science and economics across the world.
6. The Impact of Science & Technology on Social Ethics
We don't always talk about philosophy and science at the same time, but maybe we should. In this lesson, we are going to explore the relationship between science and social ethics and see what this means in the modern world.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the FTCE Elementary Education K-6 (060): Practice & Study Guide course
- About the FTCE Elementary Education K-6 Test
- Understanding Emergent Literacy
- The Reading Process & Comprehension Strategies
- Representations of Information in the Classroom
- Literary Analysis & Genres
- Understanding & Teaching the Writing Process
- Literacy Instruction & Assessment
- Classroom Organization & Grouping
- Communication & Media Literacy
- Social Science Instruction & Comprehension
- Cultural Contributions & Technological Developments in History
- World Civilizations & Historical Timelines
- Age of Exploration, Settlement & Growth
- Florida & U.S. History
- History's Impact on World Institutions
- Fundamental Geography Concepts
- Regional Divides & Connections
- Fundamental Government & Civics Concepts
- Fundamental Economics Concepts
- Strategies for Science Instruction
- Tools & Resources for Science Instruction
- Understanding the Nature of Science
- Scientific Data Interpretation & Analysis
- Basics of Physical Science
- Basics of Earth Science
- Basics of Space Science
- Cells & Organ Systems
- Life Science Classification & Life Cycles
- Interactions Among Living Things
- Basics of Plant Biology
- Mathematics Instructional Practices
- Interpreting Numbers, Data & Expressions
- Properties of Equality & Operations
- Solving Arithmetic & Word Problems
- Number Theory Concepts
- Fractions, Ratios & Integers
- Measurement, Data & Statistics
- Geometric Concepts
- Studying for FTCE Elementary Education
- FTCE Elementary Education K-6 Flashcards