About This Chapter
International Business Ethics - Chapter Summary
This chapter helps you cultivate a strong understanding and appreciation for the role of ethics in international business. You'll begin the chapter by studying ethics and social responsibilities in the international business climate. From there, you'll see ethical issues and philosophical approaches to business ethics and examine a real-life ethical case study. These lesson are available to study whenever you have free time and you can use any computer or mobile device to access them. Self-assessment quizzes and printable lesson transcripts are available to help solidify your understanding of the chapter material. Studying these business lessons will enable you to:
- Distinguish the role of ethics and social responsibility in international business
- Analyze ethical issues in international business
- Point out the causes of unethical behavior in international business
- Connect moral philosophies to business ethics
- Explain philosophical approaches to business ethics
- Assess the need for ethical decision making in international business
- Evaluate a business case study regarding Pfizer and Trovan
1. Ethics & Social Responsibility in International Business
As the world becomes more and more connected, there are still serious social and ethical problems that need to be worked out in the business world. This lesson identifies some of those problems.
2. Ethical Issues in International Business
Corporations that tackle the global market face many difficulties. In this lesson, we will examine the ethical issues in international business, such as corruption, pollution, and environmental challenges.
3. Causes of Unethical Behavior in International Business
Have you ever been tempted to make the wrong decision? Well, you may not have been in this situation before, but many in the business world have. In this lesson, we'll learn what causes people to behave unethically in international business.
4. How Moral Philosophies Relate to Business Ethics
Much of business ethics finds its foundation in various moral philosophies. In this lesson, you'll learn about some of the important moral philosophies that have influenced ethics in business.
5. Philosophical Approaches to Business Ethics
Regardless of where we work or what we do, everyone is involved in 'business' of some sort. For that reason, business ethics are critically important to understand. In this lesson, we'll discuss some common philosophical approaches to business ethics.
6. Ethical Decision Making in International Business
Ethical decision making in international business varies depending on the culture of the country in which the business is located. In this lesson, we'll discuss ways to make sure ethical practices are being used in foreign countries.
7. Business Case Study: Pfizer & Trovan
In 1996, Pfizer conducted a brief trial of an experimental antibiotic to treat an outbreak of meningitis in Nigeria. Find out about the tragic results and issues raised as part of a larger concern about conducting clinical trials overseas.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Business 320: Advanced International Business course
- Globalization & International Business
- Organizational Structure & Communication
- Understanding Global Economic Environments
- World Trade Organization
- Entering the Global Marketplace
- Regional Integration
- International Trade Theory & Policy
- Global Money System
- Exchange Rate Determination & Forecasting
- Factors of Economic Growth & Development
- Foreign Direct Investments
- Balance of Payments
- International Business Strategy
- Crisis Management & International Business