About This Chapter
Who's it for?
Anyone who needs help learning or mastering college business material will benefit from taking this course. There is no faster or easier way to learn the subject. Among those who would benefit are:
- Students who have fallen behind in understanding international business treaties or working with sovereign immunity
- Students who struggle with learning disabilities or learning differences, including autism and ADHD
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning business content (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class time and need to catch up
- Students who need an efficient way to learn about international business law
- Students who struggle to understand their teachers
- Students who attend schools without extra business learning resources
How it works:
- Find videos in our course that cover what you need to learn or review.
- Press play and watch the video lesson.
- Refer to the video transcripts to reinforce your learning.
- Test your understanding of each lesson with short quizzes.
- Verify you're ready by completing the International Business Law chapter exam.
Why it works:
- Study Efficiently: Skip what you know, review what you don't.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Use the International Business Law chapter exam to be prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any international business law question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: Watch videos on any Web-ready device.
Students will review:
This chapter helps students review the concepts in an International Business Law unit of a standard college business course. Topics covered include:
- International business treaties
- Sovereign immunity
- International trade regulations
- Economic growth and development
1. Treaties Under Article II of the U.S. Constitution
Treaties are an important part of international law. A treaty is a legally binding agreement made between two or more government entities. This lesson explains the difference between bilateral and multilateral treaties.
2. Sovereign Immunity: Definition, Act and Waivers
The Foreign Sovereign Immunities Act places limitations on lawsuits that involve foreign sovereign nations. This lesson explores the Foreign Sovereign Immunities Act and explains when immunity is applicable.
3. International Trade Regulations & Restrictions
Importing and exporting are vital elements to a healthy U.S. economy. Businesses should be familiar with international laws regarding trade. This lesson defines imports and exports and discusses international trade regulations and restrictions.
4. What Is Economic Growth and Development? - Definition, Theories & Indicators
A country's economic health can usually be measured by looking at that country's economic growth and development. This lesson defines and explains economic growth and economic development, including the role of U.S. foreign aid.
5. The Corn Laws: Definition & Repeal
In this lesson, we'll learn about the Corn Laws, including what they entailed and whom they benefited. We'll also discuss those who were negatively impacted by these laws and how the laws were eventually repealed. The lesson concludes with a summary and quiz.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Business Law: Help and Review course
- History of American Law: Help and Review
- Sources of Law: Help and Review
- Constitutional Law: Help and Review
- American Legal Systems: Help and Review
- Legal Procedures: Help and Review
- Contract Law Basics: Help and Review
- Capacity in Contract Law: Help and Review
- Contract Law and Third Party Beneficiaries: Help and Review
- Contracts - Assignment and Delegation: Help and Review
- Contracts - Statute of Frauds: Help and Review
- Contracts - Scopes and Meanings: Help and Review
- Contracts - Breach of Contract: Help and Review
- Contracts - Discharge of Contracts: Help and Review
- The Legal Environment: Help and Review
- Securities and Antitrust Law: Help and Review
- Property Law: Help and Review
- Employment and Labor Law: Help and Review
- Creditors' Rights: Help and Review
- Product Liability and Consumer Protection: Help and Review
- Torts in Business Law: Help and Review
- The Role of Agency in Business Law: Help and Review
- Types of Business Organizations: Help and Review
- Sales & the Law: Help and Review
- Small Business Employment Law
- Consumer Protection
- Essentials of Contract Law
- Moral Philosophies & Business Ethics
- Antitrust Laws in Business
- International Trade & Business Law