About This Chapter
International Finance & Accounting - Chapter Summary
This chapter outlines international finance and accounting concepts. Using an engaging and straightforward teaching approach, our instructors will walk you through several topics related to international finance, including GAAP, IAS, international finance reporting standards, and international banking. Self-assessment quizzes and lesson transcripts are available to supplement your studying experience, and you can access the chapter materials at any time that fits your schedule.
1. What Is GAAP? - The Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
Rules and regulations are a part of life for everyone, including those in the accounting industry. In this lesson, you will learn about GAAP standards, what they mean to accounting, and who establishes them.
2. International Accounting Standards (IAS)
In this lesson, you'll learn about the international accounting standards and its history. We'll also review a few standards and their purpose as well as explore the new international standards.
3. What is International Transfer Pricing?
Many companies that have subsidiaries have to deal with different types of transfer pricing. However, what do you do when the transfers cross national boundaries? In this lesson, we look at international transfer pricing.
4. Interest Rate Parity, Forward Rates & International Fisher Effect
How do interest rates affect companies that do business in multiple countries? In this lesson, we'll look at exchange and interest rates, including interest rate parity, the international Fisher effect, and interest arbitrage.
5. International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
The International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) provide guidance for preparing financial statements globally. This lesson will define the IFRS, outline its goals and objectives, and discuss the advantages and disadvantages of a single set of global accounting standards.
6. International Banking and Services
Business never stops in the global economy. Companies need banking services 24 hours a day on different continents. In this lesson, you'll learn about international banking, including services provided and types of banks.
7. International Corporate Finance & Political Risk
Multinational corporations face risks to their financial bottom line thanks to politics and political risk in different countries. In this lesson, we'll look at common sources of political risks for companies and how they can impact companies.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Business 120: International Business course
- Introduction to International Business
- How Culture Affects International Business
- Communication & Decision-Making in Global Business
- Global Economic Development
- Key Factors in International Trade
- International Trade Management & Regulation
- Exchange Rates & Currency Changes
- International Market Entry Strategies
- Global Marketing and R&D Strategies
- International Operations Management
- Management & Human Resources in International Business
- Impact of Globalization on Organizations
- Impact of Globalization on Countries
- Global Business Ethics
- Future of Globalization
- Studying for Business 120