About This Chapter
Who's It For?
Anyone who needs help learning or mastering international hospitality management material will benefit from the lessons in this chapter. There is no faster or easier way to learn about international hospitality management. Among those who would benefit are:
- Students who have fallen behind in understanding global hospitality providers, international travel and tourism and the benefits of globalization
- Students who struggle with learning disabilities or learning differences, including autism and ADHD
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning about hospitality management (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class time and need to catch up
- Students who need an efficient way to learn about international hospitality management
- Students who struggle to understand their teachers
- Students who attend schools without extra hospitality management learning resources
How It Works:
- Find lessons in our course that cover what you need to learn or review.
- Watch the video or read through the text lesson.
- Refer to the transcripts or specific lesson sections to reinforce your learning.
- Test your understanding of each lesson with short quizzes.
- Verify you're ready by completing the International Hospitality Management chapter exam.
Why It Works:
- Study Efficiently: Skip what you know, review what you don't.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Use the International Hospitality Management chapter exam to be prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any international hospitality management question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: Watch videos and read text lessons on any web-ready device.
Students Will Review:
This chapter helps students review the concepts in an international hospitality management unit of a standard hospitality management course. Topics covered include:
- International hospitality management and planning
- Business globalization benefits and costs
- Types of global hospitality providers
- How international travel and tourism affects growth in the hospitality industry
1. International Hospitality: Planning & Management
Opening a hotel in a foreign country can be challenging, but it's not impossible. In fact, with strategic management methods, planning, and an understanding of real estate development, it can be a successful undertaking.
2. Benefits & Costs of the Globalization of Business
Globalization has become a requirement for corporations to remain competitive in the marketplace. In this lesson, you will learn about the definition of globalization and the benefits and costs.
3. Global Hospitality Providers: Types & Examples
Travelers always need places to stay and things to eat and drink. In this lesson, we'll examine the global hospitality industry and the major types of providers serving travelers around the world.
4. International Travel & Tourism: Impact on Growth in the Hospitality Industry
In this lesson, we'll examine the impact of international travel and tourism on the hospitality industry, including growth and challenges that arise from an increase in international travel.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Hospitality Management: Help & Review course
- Strategic Planning for Hotel & Lodging
- Operations Management in Hotel & Lodging
- Rooms Division in Hotel & Lodging Operations
- Revenue Management for Hotel & Lodging
- Hospitality Marketing & Sales
- Human Resource Management for Hospitality
- Hotel Security & Safety
- Food & Beverage Operations in Hospitality
- Hospitality Industry Organizational Structure & Behavior
- Market Forces & Globalization in the Hospitality Industry
- Audits & Quality Control in the Hospitality Industry
- Intrapreneurship & the Hospitality Industry