About This Chapter
Who's it for?
Anyone who needs help learning or mastering human resource management material will benefit from taking this course. There is no faster or easier way to learn about human resources. Among those who would benefit are:
- Students who have fallen behind in understanding how to staff an overseas company, interact with host nationals or oversee other aspects of international human resource management
- Students who struggle with learning disabilities or learning differences, including autism and ADHD
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning about human resources (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class time and need to catch up
- Students who need an efficient way to learn about international resource management
- Students who struggle to understand their teachers
- Students who attend schools without extra human resource learning resources
How it works:
- Find videos in our course that cover what you need to learn or review.
- Press play and watch the video lesson.
- Refer to the video transcripts to reinforce your learning.
- Test your understanding of each lesson with short quizzes.
- Verify you're ready by completing the International Resource Management chapter exam.
Why it works:
- Study Efficiently: Skip what you know, review what you don't.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Use the International Resource Management chapter exam to be prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any international resource management question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: Watch videos on any web-ready device.
Students will review:
This chapter helps students review the concepts in an international resource management unit of a standard human resource management course. Topics covered include:
- The four global staffing approaches
- Expatriate staffing
- HR interactions with host nationals
- HR interactions with parent nationals
- HR reactions with third-country nationals
1. Global Staffing Approaches: Ethnocentric, Regiocentric, Polycentric, and Geocentric
Human resource management professionals working for global organizations often have unique staffing choices. In this lesson, you'll learn about ethnocentric staffing, regiocentric staffing and geocentric staffing. A short quiz follows.
2. Expatriate Staffing: Personal Impact, Repatriation & Compensation Considerations
Employees that work for global companies may end up working abroad for a period of time. In this lesson, you'll learn about expatriate staffing, including its personal impact on employees, compensation considerations and repatriation.
3. Human Resource Interactions with Host, Parent & Third-Country Nationals
Employee relations are guided by human resource (HR) management professionals, and the global environment makes doing this more complex. In this lesson, we'll see how HR professionals interact with employees across the globe.
4. Global HRM: Functions & Challenges
In this lesson we will learn about human resource departments that work on a global scale. We will look at their functions and the challenges they face. You can then test your knowledge with a quiz at the end.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Human Resource Management: Help and Review course
- Overview of HRM Field: Help and Review
- Organizational Theories & Human Resources: Help and Review
- Job Analysis and Design: Help and Review
- Staffing in Organizations: Help and Review
- Training and Development in Organizations: Help and Review
- Performance Appraisals: Help and Review
- Employee Compensation Issues: Help and Review
- Employment Law & Employee Rights: Help and Review
- Labor Relations: Help and Review
- Current Issues and Trends in HRM: Help and Review
- Human Resource Management & Employee Recruitment