About This Chapter
International Market Dynamics - Chapter Summary
For an overview of international market dynamics, take a look at this self-paced and mobile-friendly business chapter. Through a series of short and entertaining lessons, you'll learn important terms and concepts related to the international market, the U.S. market, global business systems and more. When you're finished with the lessons, take the accompanying self-assessment quizzes and comprehensive chapter exam. These testing tools will help you see how well you understand the dynamics of the international market. When you're finished with the chapter, you should be equipped to:
- Recognize the components of the international market
- Differentiate between the U.S. market and the international market
- Describe the global market's changing landscape
- Evaluate the political, economic and legal systems in global business
- Discuss the impact of legal and political differences on international retailing
1. International Market: Definition & Explanation
If you've sold a product on E-bay outside the United States, you sold your product in an international market. In this lesson, you'll learn what an international market is and explore some of its key concepts.
2. International Market vs. U.S. Market: Similarities & Differences
In this lesson, we will learn about the similarities and differences between international and U.S. markets. We will also understand their challenges and list a few examples of retail businesses that overcome those challenges.
3. The Changing Landscape of the Global Market
The global market is still developing, and a market that is developing is dynamic. The constant change offers opportunities and presents risks to countries and their domestic industries. In this lesson, you'll learn about some of these risks and opportunities.
4. Political & Economic Systems in Global Business
Understanding the different political and economic systems in global business can be a difficult task. We will identify the major types of political and economic systems in which companies operate across the world and the special challenges posed by doing business in diverse settings.
5. Legal Systems in Global Business: Comparison & Laws
Business law can be tricky under the best of circumstances. This lesson explores business law as it relates to international organizations, and it provides a list of some important considerations for the global business environment.
6. Impact of Political & Legal Differences on International Retailing
International businesses will always be impacted, sometimes significantly, by political and legal changes in the regions where they conduct business. This lesson explores some of those impacts.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Business 205: International Retailing Strategy & Operations course
- Introduction to Business Globalization
- Cultural Differences in Business
- International Trade Theories
- International Trade Policy
- World Trade Organizations
- Strategies for International Business
- International Market Entry Strategy
- International Production & Logistics
- International Supply Chain Management & Distribution
- International Product, Pricing & Marketing Strategy