About This Chapter
International Marketing Basics - Chapter Summary
This chapter is designed to improve your understanding of basic international marketing concepts. Taught by expert instructors, this collection of lessons covers a variety of international marketing concepts, such as global marketing strategy, the international marketing mix and SWOT analysis and much more. Reviewing this chapter can help you:
- Explain a variety of global marketing issues
- Assess the importance of a global marketing strategy
- Discuss the 4 Ps of marketing, as well as the international marketing mix
- Identify common global marketing mistakes
- Describe the culture, economics and technology of international external marketing
- Define the concept of SWOT in marketing
Following each lesson is a short quiz to help you reinforce your understanding of important international marketing topics. You can complete the chapter at your own pace, and it's available at any time that fits your schedule. If you need clarification on a lesson topic, simply submit your questions to our instructors online.
1. What Is Global Marketing? - Strategies, Definition & Issues
What is global marketing? In this lesson, you'll learn what global marketing is, issues you would need to address to market your product globally, and strategies that can help grow your business in other countries.
2. International Marketing: The Importance of Global Marketing Strategy
Companies cannot just concentrate on domestic markets if they are to remain competitive. Global marketing allows marketing managers to look for growing target markets and product opportunities overseas.
3. International Marketing Mix and the 4 Ps of Marketing
In this lesson, we will discuss how to adjust the marketing mix when pursuing an international market. Additionally, the Internet's impact on the marketing mix will be discussed.
4. Common Mistakes in Global Marketing
Global marketing is crucial for large business success in our increasingly interconnected world; however, not all cultures are the same. This lesson outlines some of the common errors that have occurred in global marketing.
5. International External Marketing: Culture, Economics, Tech & More
International marketing plans have a specific marketing mix that will differ tremendously from the domestic version. Marketing managers have to take into account a country's economic, technological, logistical, and sociocultural differences in order to successfully target an overseas market.
6. What is SWOT: Situation Analysis in Marketing
A successful business needs to know its capabilities as well as the marketplace in which it competes. In this video, learn how to define a mission statement and conduct a situational analysis.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 220 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the HSC Business Studies: Exam Prep & Syllabus course
- Nature of Business
- Types of Business
- Business Industries in Australia
- Influences on Businesses in Australia
- Stakeholders in Business
- Business Cycle
- Global Markets in Business
- Management Skills
- Management Approaches
- Management Processes
- Business Planning & Strategy
- Business Forecasting
- Business Strategies & Values
- Operations Management & Inventory Management
- Scheduling in Operations Management Overview
- Supply Chain Management in Business
- Marketing Roles & Objectives
- Types of Markets
- Influences of Marketing in Australia
- Marketing Information & Research
- Marketing Strategy in Business
- Pricing Strategy in Business
- Promotion in Marketing
- Place & Distribution in Business
- Business Financing in Australia
- Financial Planning & Implementation
- Financial Monitoring & Control
- Financial Ratios
- Financial Management Overview
- Global Financial Management
- HRM: Human Resources Management
- Employee Acquisition & Development
- Human Resource Metrics & Measurement
- Employee Separation
- Legal Considerations in Australian HR
- HSC Business Studies Flashcards