About This Chapter
International Trade & Currency Exchange - Chapter Summary
If you need to review international trade and currency exchange topics, look no further than this convenient online chapter. This series of bite-sized video lessons is taught by expert instructors who explain and illustrate concepts such as international trade policy, capital flow, trade agreements, foreign currency exchange and currency conversion. By the end of the chapter, you'll be equipped to:
- Explain international trade policy
- Understand strategic trade policies
- Define capital flow, trade balance and net export
- Evaluate trade agreements from international trade organizations
- Determine how currency supply and demand affects foreign currency exchange
- Outline the process of currency conversion and understand exchange rates
This chapter comes with interactive self-assessment quizzes to help you check your understanding of the material. If you have any questions about international trade and currency exchange, you'll be able to submit them to our instructors online. The chapter's flexible online format enables you to create your own study schedule.
1. International Trade Policy & Strategic Trade Policies
Governments sometimes intervene in international trade. In this lesson, we'll examine the arguments against strategic trade policy and discuss the policy instruments used by governments to influence international trade flows.
2. Net Exports, Capital Flows and Trade Balance
Learn what net exports and balance of trade are, how they are calculated, and what influences them. Explore what capital flows are in relation to net exports and trade balance and the importance of these monies in an economy.
3. International Trade Organizations and Trade Agreements
International trade organizations and trade agreements have enormous power in the global trade environment. In this lesson, you will learn about the roles of the GATT, NAFTA, and the World Trade Organization.
4. Foreign Currency Exchange: Supply and Demand for Currency
In this lesson, you'll learn why money from different countries has different values of exchange. We'll cover the supply and demand for currencies and how changes in supply and demand can affect the exchange rates between currencies.
5. Exchange Rates & Currency Conversion
After watching this video lesson, you will learn how currency conversion works. You will be able to convert from one currency to another with ease. Learn the process behind currency conversion.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA): Exam Prep & Study Guide course
- About the CFA Exam
- Ethical & Professional Standards in Finance
- Quantitative Methods in Finance
- Overview of Economics in the Financial Market
- Domestic Economic Concepts
- Overview of Financial Reporting & Analysis
- Types of Financial Reporting & Analysis
- Understanding Corporate Finance
- Equity Investments
- Fixed-Income Securities
- Derivatives in Finance
- Alternative Investments
- Overview of Portfolios
- Portfolio Management Strategies
- Portfolio Performance Analysis